Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to start the bike and it rolled over, gauges were lit and working. It rolled over a few times and then just stopped gauges went dead and the FI light came on. Now it wont roll over and the gauges wont come up or anything, its just dead. Someone on the local board suggested a low battery problem but when it was cranking over it was cranking fast it just died in an instant. Anyone else had this problem? I did a search and found a lot of your normal FI light issues but this is a new one to me.

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
I think it is the battery. I would throw it on charge for a bit and then try it again and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Bad fuel or injectors if your FI light is on. Has it been sitting for the winter? Dump the tank and put fresh fuel in with some injector cleaner.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it has been sitting for the winter but it had stabil in the tank. I just rode it about 40 miles yesterday and it ran fine. I guess I will check the battery.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Not trying to thread jack and please don't mine me, but since this is a FI light question I figured I'd ask something which I am SURE will be answered FASSSSSSSST. After installing a Full Akra Evo 2 of love system, you get the FI light to come on. What do you get to by pass that or shut it off?

Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Battery was good, it was reading 12.65 volts at the terminals. The ignition fuse blew for some reason.

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts
Not trying to thread jack and please don't mine me, but since this is a FI light question I figured I'd ask something which I am SURE will be answered FASSSSSSSST. After installing a Full Akra Evo 2 of love system, you get the FI light to come on. What do you get to by pass that or shut it off?

Thanks
Leave the exhaust servo motor plugged up for yours just don't have the cables on it.

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts
Battery was good, it was reading 12.65 volts at the terminals. The ignition fuse blew for some reason.
Did you add anything on to yours wiring related during the winter?

Tread

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you add anything on to yours wiring related during the winter?

Tread
No, I just bought the bike last week, and got it home yesterday.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Leave the exhaust servo motor plugged up for yours just don't have the cables on it.
ok will do. That sux tho b/c that thing is heavy... grr

thanks

·
Registered
195 Posts
mine was doing the same thing,What i found was the connections in the wiring harness were loose, the ones on the left side.Mine was blowing fuses to.I just took them apart,then pluged them back togather,I had no more problems

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
To better answer your question, IVANS makes a plug that goes in the OEM harness where that servo motor used to be. Only thing is, it's like $60.
Your one smart man Juice

Hmm well if he FI lightt doesn't cause our machines to limp like vehicles then I am cool for now :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts