Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i heard one of the guys at the track that has a 06 gsxr 1000 say when his FI light comes on it throws the bike into a sort of safety mode where the tuning (fuel as well as ignition) is altered. do the 06-07 zx10s do the same thing or is the FI light simply an idiot light that blinks and doesnt alter the tuning of the bike at all?

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
I believe it depends on what code is being thrown. Some will cause it to go into a limp mode and others don't affect it at all. From my understanding things like exhaust servo being removed will throw a light, but not affect performance/enter limp mode. Hopefully somebody else can chime in and confirm or deny what I said.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
On 1st gens codes 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 21, 23, 24, 25, 31, 32, 34, 35, 36, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 51, 52, 53, 54, 62, 63 the ECU will take measures to protect the engine.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On 1st gens codes 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 21, 23, 24, 25, 31, 32, 34, 35, 36, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 51, 52, 53, 54, 62, 63 the ECU will take measures to protect the engine.
i got an 06, any ideas which would be the codes for mine?

thanks in advance :eek:ccasion1

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
i got an 06, any ideas which would be the codes for mine?

thanks in advance :eek:ccasion1
you will know if your bike is in Limp mode if you open up the throttle and it doesn't go beyond a certain RPM I believe around 6k don't remember but a search on this site should give details. Bottom line I wouldn't worry about what a Gixxer is doing it's like Noah said a F1 light could mean something major or really nothing at all that will affect performance or the bike it's similar to the 1st Gen 10R.

I believe it depends on what code is being thrown. Some will cause it to go into a limp mode and others don't affect it at all. From my understanding things like exhaust servo being removed will throw a light, but not affect performance/enter limp mode. Hopefully somebody else can chime in and confirm or deny what I said.
:+1:and not even sure you need a code to go into limp mode.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wouldn't worry about what a Gixxer is doing it's like Noah said a F1 light could mean something major or really nothing at all that will affect performance.
:crackup:

QUOTE=bluedevil;1555801]
:+1:and not even sure you need a code to go into limp mode.[/QUOTE]

meaning if i alter something and the bike doesnt like it, i could throw the bike into this saftey mode without throwing an FI light?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
:crackup:

QUOTE=bluedevil;1555801]
:+1:and not even sure you need a code to go into limp mode.
meaning if i alter something and the bike doesnt like it, i could throw the bike into this saftey mode without throwing an FI light?[/quote]

meaning we have had many members that had problems in the many years and not sure anyone of them had a certain F1 code or a code at all....don't read to much into that a search for limp mode may help.

bloo

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
meaning if i alter something and the bike doesnt like it, i could throw the bike into this saftey mode without throwing an FI light?
meaning we have had many members that had problems in the many years and not sure anyone of them had a certain F1 code or a code at all....don't read to much into that a search for limp mode may help.

bloo[/QUOTE]

thanks !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts