Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
welds like he has palsy
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My bike has been sitting in my garage for about a month or two. Started it up and now the FI light is flashing. Anyone have an idea what it caused this? It was working fine before I parked it.

Also, when I parked it, there was just a little fuel left in the tank. The fuel light is on as well. Just a little amount of fuel in the tank, coupled with the fact it sat for about 6 weeks, have anything to do with the FI light blinking?

And... There are no performance issues. It rides just fine.

·
welds like he has palsy
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've got to bump this one..

I guess if I post it int he NWS section with the title Brazilian Ass, I'd get more responses.

·
welds like he has palsy
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just checked the code and it's an exhaust butterfly sensor malfunction. A couple of months ago I replaced my broken exhaust servo motor with a good used one. I'm wondering if something is still broke and it's just now throwing a code, or it took it a while for the ECU to throw the code and it just needs to be cleared out since I replaced the servo. Any takers?

·
Registered
265 Posts
before i jump in like an ass and pretend i know everything... im top certified smog tech on CARS... have a fullpipe with my exhaust servo disconnected.... so idk what im talking about.

but logically, your ecu didnt just take time to catch up... something new happened. if your running stock pipe to servo id check to make sure everything is connected. if it is then see if theres anything broken about the buterfly itself(assuming the motor is turning).. maybe the motor is degrading again and using more voltage than in parameters.

obviously no ansers there, but hopefully your pointed in the right direction. theres servo elim plug ins that just turn the light and servo off if your inerested in going that route.

·
welds like he has palsy
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought a used servo motor off this site a couple of months ago and it worked just fine. The bike has sat in my garage for a couple of weeks and now the servo motor is dead. It's like it's not plugged in. I bought another used one off ebay last night and hope this solves the problem. I hope it's not on the ECU end.

·
Registered
59 Posts

·
welds like he has palsy
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If the ebay servo motor doesn't work, I'm going with the Ivans eliminator. Thanks for your help Bill, and NinjaJew.

·
aka kwakrider
412 Posts
i happento have a 17 chapter service manual if i can help let me know.straight from the booksays,:The warning indicator light (LED) [A] is used for the FI indicator, immobilizer indicator (imobilizer models) and oil pressure warning indicator. [A]=3rd light down on the right. it says more but if this info is no good ill just wish you the best and hope to hear how you fix the problem in case i have a prob. with mine. thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts