Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok. i looked in this manual about jumping. but i do not see anythign out of 800 and something pages. so i do not know my error code. i do not know to much about bike engine. SO! this is where i am at to ask for people who do know.

SOUNDS to me like it's to rich. but can you run a liter bike to rich with normal 93? i mean it's probably not even 93. i do not have any fuel aids or anything. just normal gas.

i have power commander with stock base map set on LOW RPM.

i have KR tune exhaust with that valve actuator still connected.

i have disconnected the power commander and went back stock to see. still does same thing.

bike rode fine until yesterday.

it sounds thoraty like something is just cought up in it. i get on it and it does not want to go anywhere. might as well be riding a 600.

it is just sluggish. sounds bad. i took a video and i would like you guys to check it out and the power commander is going 1 LED bar above "0".

backfire everytime i revvv it.

anyone? thank you so much for help.

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
Read the section about scanning for trouble codes again, and follow the procedure to the letter. If the warning lamp is lit then the computer knows something's wrong, and we need to know what the computer is seeing!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Is the FI light on when you are riding? Or when the key is on engine off?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK! so i did the onscreen self diagnosis

the screen only has 1 code and it was

#51 stick coil #1 malfunction, wiring open or short ??????

that would be missfire on cylinder 1? bad coil? bad spark plug? anyone have any insight?

only thing i did for a "open wiring short" would be i had to hard wire the headlights. but they were like that when i got the bike i just hard wired it to the new oem headlight housing i just got. i rode it 300 miles just like it is prior to new headlight housing. and nothing. so it's gotta just be an OUT of the blue kinda deal.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well figured out problem. was going to check to see if spark plug was messed up. but OH wait. could my coil be messed up?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fixed the malfunction. took 5 hours to get all the broken pieces out of it. but everything is great now!

to get it all out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts