Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok lately I have gotten an FI Code 39, ECU COMMUNICATION ERROR. I have checked all the plugs over and over again but in the end I come up with nothing. The first time it happen I unplugged and replugged in my x-tre and it worked fine. Now I do the same thing and it still doesnt work. When I try to start the bike it turns over but will not start. I'm trying to keep the starting to minimal bc I need to save my battery. Any help would be great guys. Thanks :helmet:

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Unplug both connectors from ECU and then take some tweezers and gently pull on every single wire until you fin the one(s) that are loose in the plug, then push them in good until they latch. Gen 3 are notorious for this.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes its clear, no code. This is a common problem if you search. Might be something else but....Had this problem on my racebike with just a tiny racing battery. Changed to a bigger and problem solved. To avoid the red lamp and code with the small battery i pushed the starter button directly after ignition and did not wait for the display to check and light up.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I had this randomly last summer before a ride and it ended up being my aftermarket piggyback system. Swapped to new unit and went away.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts