Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks I have a zx10r 2011 on one or two occasions I had a fi fault light come on wile riding iv eased off the throtal and it's gone then I thought I could hear and feel a ticking/small knocking and put it down to having tensioning my chain the day before. The following morning I road to work still thinking I could here the noises parked up at work done my shift when trying to restart she wouldn't and fi and red light was flashing plenty of power in bat but just not starting fault coad 23. Thanks for the help x

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
23 is cam shaft sensor, if the ECU loses contact with it the ECU will still run the engine from it's last known position but once you turn the ignition off the ECU forgets what position it was in and failing to pick up it's location on attempting 're start, it won't allow it to start. Which chain tension did you adjust? Are you sure the sequence of events you posted are 100% in order. Preliminary checks would be cam shaft sensor lead plugs & the connected wires around the throttle bodies and finally remove the sensor and inspect for contact with cam shaft.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Are you talking about your cam chain or drive chain making noise? If 23 is the cam position sensor my guess is that sensor needs to be replaced unless you recently messed with the cams, timing, or cam chain tensioner. I'd bet on the sensor though by the sound of it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts