Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay I'm new to the all modding a bike up and all. I know ill be getting a power commander soon but I also will like to do other upgrades. what air filter do yall recommend? and what other mods other than power commander should I look for? on the performance side of it any feedback and help will be apreciated thanks :wink:

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Hey man dont know to much about mods:dontknow: But i do know you get extra cc's when you put that mo hawk on your helmet:crackup:.Sorry dude i had too its a j/k though.I am in the same boat with the upgrades though.Next is some boots then what are a good set of frame sliders ???

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha yea i had a cbr and added a mohawk on ma helmet? y idk ha but oh well and its all good. lol. and yep ima do a power commander and frame sliders. I already have full exhaust system so yea i need some boots tho even tho thats not performance lol but safery first:)

·
Registered
208 Posts
K&N and get a full exhaust system.. Delete the butterflies, and drop a toooofff on the front sprocket.. WELCOME to the sight.. PS i love the mow hock your the guy that always gets the tickets lol

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
After the pclll u will need a exhaust most will tell you akro. bit get what u like and fits your budget . aor filter have piper cross other good one is bmc and dna has one. you wont notice anything but u can clean it.

·
Registered
801 Posts
haha yea i had a cbr and added a mohawk on ma helmet? y idk ha but oh well and its all good. lol. and yep ima do a power commander and frame sliders. I already have full exhaust system so yea i need some boots tho even tho thats not performance lol but safery first:)
+1

Worry about safety before speed. Also, use the search feature on here and lurk around the forums a bit. You will find ALL the information you will ever need.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Delete the butterflies, and drop a toooofff on the front sprocket << okay im a noobb ha explain:) and i already have a full muzzys exhaust system to yea and lol luckily enough no tickets here yet lol..

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
i think with a full exhaust you need the pclll cause you change the stock way the bike runs.The tooth in the front is a ref to the front sprocket which i belive helps with accl but takes a little off top end not to sure i just got my 10r last month.I cant really buy to many toys for it until i get all my gear then replenish the cash.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Delete the butterflies, and drop a toooofff on the front sprocket << okay im a noobb ha explain:) and i already have a full muzzys exhaust system to yea and lol luckily enough no tickets here yet lol..
Remove the secondary butterflys in the throttle bodys. Itll gain a horse or two and lose a little weaight. Also makes things a little louder. Do a search.
Also get a sprocket in the front that is one tooth smaller and my advise is to get a rear sprocket with one tooth bigger or even two. Feels like adding major HP.
K&N air filter all the way.
And do a 1/5 throttle conversion. Also searchable on the site.
And the best mod ever.......GOOD RIDING GEAR!!!!!

·
Mythical Mod of Yore
4,465 Posts
stock air filter is as good as k&n...get a 1/5 turn throttle mod (guaranteed best bang for the buck as far as zx-10r mods go...ask anyone who has one)...brakes and braided lines...pirelli diablo corsa IIIs (just got my first set...believe the hype)...and like blake said...the absolute best mod you can do to a bike is ride with a good helmet, leathers, gauntlets, boots, et cetera...

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alrite thx. well the filter and power commander is easy but the 1/5 turn throttle mod I never heard off . anywhere i can read about it or look to buy it?

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
search for rifleman 1/5 throttle. There are many threads on this.
The TRE (timing retard eliminator) is supposed to be a good one too. Helps with the bottom end around town.
Sprockets are also cheap($25). If you change the front sprocket it will throw the speedo off so you may want to get a speedohealer. If you can do math have somebody pace you so you can have an idea of actual speed. I went +2 in the rear and the 78-80 indicated is actually 70. I haven't GPSed but that is what I have been told we wererunning is a group.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
K&N and get a full exhaust system.. Delete the butterflies, and drop a toooofff on the front sprocket.. WELCOME to the sight.. PS i love the mow hock your the guy that always gets the tickets lol
AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH so fucking true!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks ill look into it. i know the filter and powercommander and mayb sprockets are easy to find so yea im trying to get the easy stuff done first then the things that required more work and fixing like that speedohealer

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
where or who is the best seller or page to get a powercommander for my 07 zx10r

1 - 15 of 15 Posts