Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I've been lurking around here withough registering for a while. Lot's of good info. Thanks. Finally took the ZX10 to the track! Those are taken a couple of days ago at Hallett, OK. Good times. I dropped 2sec of my lap times just by riding the better bike :cool: Had my suspension tweaked by K&N Yamaha and man, did that 10 feel surefooted! I also destroyed the Qualifer so i switched to a Pilot Power 180-55-17. I liked the wider Dunlop better but it was gone....

-Nick

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Nice pics...thanks for sharing. How come you don't like the pilot power? I have heard nothing but good things about them for track days.

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
cool pics man, maybe try the power race next time. 190/50 rear only so not the stock size but a great tire for sure. Better if yah got tire warmers to

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been using Pilot Powers exclusivelly for a while now. I didn't like the narrorower 180 v.s. the 190 stock qualifer. I couldn't get my hands on a 190-55 so I went for the narrower but still tall 180. That's the weird thing. Most street tires you see out there are either

180-55-17
or
190-50-17

The new 10 comes with a 190-55-17 which is the wider and the taller tire. I liked it on the street a lot except in only lasted 1400mi. I get 2500 out of a rear Pilot Power.

-Nick

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I'm sure in another month companies like michelin will have 190/55's if not pirelli/ metzeler both have them in that size....

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
teebo7 said:
I'm sure in another month companies like michelin will have 190/55's if not pirelli/ metzeler both have them in that size....
Yeah Henry if Monte aint lying then they should have the 190/55 power races soon

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I almost bought a set of Metzler race tires that were 190-55 rear but i don't have the warmers nor do I have an extra set of rims yet...

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
tuzem :welcome: and thanks for sharin the pics.

BD

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
:welcome: and nice pics.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey David,

Yes, Tony is a good friend and riding buddy of mine :) We used to live a couple of blocks away from eachother. I take it you guys run CMRA together?

-Nick

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
:welcome:
Nice pics, don't ya just love blowing by everyone on the straights.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
tuzem
Delivered some bulk mail to Batesville Post Office a few weeks ago you have some good riding up there I came into Batesville on 14 I think was nice little curvy road and that big curve coming off the mountain would be fun also

1 - 20 of 34 Posts