Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I got my $20 fender eliminator in the mail with no directions. I plan on the install this weekend, is it as traightforward as it looks? I plan on using the stock signals.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
yup just un bolt the big ass stock one and bolt that one right up there just make sure the bolt holes line up, then put it on and bolt it down with use a little thread locker as well for safe measure as well ..

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup just un bolt the big ass stock one and bolt that one right up there just make sure the bolt holes line up, then put it on and bolt it down with use a little thread locker as well for safe measure as well ..
Thanks...I'm hoping the turn signals are not a hassle to deal with.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have some aftermarket ones that came wiith a plate holder, if you want them ill ship them to you. Just pay for shipping, there sitting in my garage taking up space.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
I'd say to you go to your local cycle gear or cycle store/maybe a dealership and see if they have small replacement led turn signals cause your kit will look a 100 times better with out the stock rear blinkers.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Definitely do something ............

I'd say to you go to your local cycle gear or cycle store/maybe a dealership and see if they have small replacement led turn signals cause your kit will look a 100 times better with out the stock rear blinkers.
:+1: :iamwithst

·
5,932 Posts
they only cost 5-10 dollars at a bike shop, I'd say just go take a look. If anything any type of led light will work, you just have to wire them together

·
Registered
27 Posts
k

Can someone post pics of what the kit looks likewith stoc signals vs aftermarket.i am going to do the same mod and would like to see the difference.

·
Registered
531 Posts
do it or you'll lose it!!! yes speaking from experience.

·
Registered
531 Posts
you could always go intergrated??? Little more money but cleans the fender up real nice!!

·
Registered
648 Posts
bahh... screw turn signals.. that's one of the first things to come off all my bikes i've ever owned in the passed! All those are good for is adding weight...:lol:

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
bahh... screw turn signals.. that's one of the first things to come off all my bikes i've ever owned in the passed! All those are good for is adding weight...:lol:
It does look better without them. I didn't feel like rewiring them so I left them off for now...

Here's a couple crappy cell phone pics...

Attachments

·
5,932 Posts
doesnt look bad, just go grab some little led blinkers or if anything hit up pepboys for some small leds, wire them up and ground them and your good to go. watch blowing fuses though, it can happen

·
Registered
2 Posts
Where did you get this (for $20)? eBay? I'm ordering the integrated tail light so I would like to get a cheap fender eliminator.

I might go one that bolts up near the rear shock but most of those kits are like $80+ - which I have a hard time paying since I'm just using it to hold my license plate ;)

Ok, so I got my $20 fender eliminator in the mail with no directions. I plan on the install this weekend, is it as traightforward as it looks? I plan on using the stock signals.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Where did you get this (for $20)? eBay? I'm ordering the integrated tail light so I would like to get a cheap fender eliminator.

I might go one that bolts up near the rear shock but most of those kits are like $80+ - which I have a hard time paying since I'm just using it to hold my license plate ;)
I'll have to check the receipt...I don't see it listed on ebay now...the company is in canada...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts