Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well being i have a 2nd unit i did, i am selling the one from my bike. if your interested let me know, this would be a true plug and play but will require you to have a speedohealer for the speedo to read correctly.

Looking for $220 shipped..

will get a better pic up and a video if your serious...

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i made it myself like most of all things i do (to include custom fabrication),
figured why not, as seen Blue with his and we converesed a bit and i put it all together.

also run a 07 zx6r gauge on my 05 6r, as i hate digital tachs from the 1st gen era.
as for goodies, we shall see. working a few other little things right now, but pressed on time with deploying in another 30 days.

but when i get back from iraq this time around i will be getting educated in aluminum welding and once good enough i will be making some serious kick ass stuff, also dable in carbon fiber work and fiberglass work.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
everything works, only down side is that when the fuel light comes on you best get to a gas station as you have 10-12 miles before having a bad day.
will get you a mileage off of it for you.

also has 2 additional plugs for a shift light and gear indicator (accumen brand).

·
Registered
262 Posts
so for this to work i would need to have a speedo healer and keep the gas up to date? and so far as installation all i would have to do is remove the one i have and stick this one on? sounds really interesting i was seriously thinking about doing this mod last year when i got my bike but didn't want to deal with the speedo healer, anyone know how hard those are to install and make work correctly?

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
speedohealer is a plug and play affair as well....and yes you would just need to plug this in and ride the bike no playing around or trouble shooting issues...gauge has 79xx miles.
has been on my bike for 2 years now with no issues

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
nice, question for you.... How much do you need to adjust with the speedo healer???

I actually like to run my guage in KPH and convert it to MPH so I can read above the 189mph mark....

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On this one Garth i have no clue with the KPH portions as i am pretty sure i am sitting at 560%+ with the -1/+1 gearing i am running.
i run mph and convert to kph when i need to stay out of trouble here..which is kinda free to do what i want most of the time on the highways.
need to get put a stock CS sprocket back on as running at 8G+ is killing my mileage on the autostrada.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah as you have to remember the gauge is from a 2nd gen, and it uses different pulse pick up than the 1st gen...kinda like my other swap on the 05 636 i have as it uses crank signal, the 07-08 uses CS signal,,,,so had to actually go -78%.

thus if you are wanting the speedo to work need the speedohealer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts