Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
LE Post Whore
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I may have an opportunity in the very near future to buy a bike, which would require me to sell my ZX-10. Most of you have seen my ZX-10 on this board. It an '04 with I think somewhere under 4k miles on it. I converted it to a track bike at about 2500 miles, IIRC. I will probably keep my calipers, and maybe the wheels if I can use them on something else.

Don't know how to put a price on this bad boy. What do you guys think is a fair price?

Here are some of the mods:

Akrapovic Evo 2 Hex full system
PCIII USB
Ohlins R&T forks
Ohlins PRXLS rear shock
Ohlins steering damper
Marchesini 16.5" forged Magnesium wheels
Brembo Monoblock GP 4 pad calipers (probably not included with the bike)
Braketech floating rotors
Galfer rear wave rotor
Galfer stainless lines
Yoyodyne frame sliders
Champs sppols/ swingarm sliders
Brembo 19x18 radial MC
OPP Carbon upper and lower, AK Comp tail
Attack rear sets
Attack clip ons
Renthal 16/39
DID ERV3 520 chain

and probably other things that i'm forgetting.

Here are some fairly recent pics:

Ara

·
LE Post Whore
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I knew you guys would ask that question, lol. I'm not ready to say yet, but I will in the next day or two.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
You're lucky JJ's not here he'd be pm'ing you by now!! Ok we'll wait but it better be good...i'm going to trade my 10 in for a track bike soon....

Good luck either way on the sell Ara....awesome bike!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Don't even know what to guess....16k? maybe more? i dunno... you were good to her and all the aftermarket goodies are definitely high end...

I'm sure people will start asking you to part it Ara....that's how it usually goes...

·
Registered
455 Posts
the crappy thing is most of what you spent would be lost I think you would be better doing the treade for stock and cash...I bet you can get 11 for it pretty easy but after thats its alot harder to get the cash...Hell I would buy it for 11 :)

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Tito said:
Really nice bike, but i'd think you'd be hard pressed to get 10k for it.

Good luck with the sale.:beer:
:1848:

topher3134 said:
the crappy thing is most of what you spent would be lost I think you would be better doing the treade for stock and cash...I bet you can get 11 for it pretty easy but after thats its alot harder to get the cash...Hell I would buy it for 11 :)

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Ara... sad part is you're gonna have to part her out. Problem with Kawis.. the squids are skeered of them so hard to sell. Good luck with selling your bike. It's the best track prepped 10 I've seen and i know you put tons of effort into her.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
dibs on rear sets if you part it out............:mrgreen: . I do agree with others that your best bet would be to part it out. Is the title clean? stock bodywork?

·
Registered
735 Posts
what tires are currently on it?

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Ara you will def. have to part it out for you to get the most money out of it. If you didn't part it out maybe $11-$12G's? :dontknow:

·
Registered
400 Posts
Unless you find a die-hard 10 owner, you will lose lots of money if you don't part it out. The frame geometry on the 10 is too difficult to work with to make it handle as good as a stock gixxer. It made me sick to hear that, but every suspension tuner i've talked to says the same.

·
Registered
102 Posts
if you part out
DIBS on the following:
Akrapovic Evo 2 Hex full system
PCIII USB
Ohlins R&T forks
Ohlins PRXLS rear shock
Ohlins steering damper
Brembo Monoblock GP 4 pad calipers (probably not included with the bike)
Galfer rear wave rotor
Brembo 19x18 radial MC
Attack clip ons

·
LE Post Whore
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, heres the update, bike is for sale at 16k firm, the way it sits, brakes included. If I don't get any serious offers, I will probably part it out. I have gotten pm's from some of you already about parting it out, so if I go that route, dibs go to those who pm'ed me first. However, if someone offers more money for the same part, I will give you an opportunity to match the offer, before going forward.

Ara

1 - 20 of 23 Posts