Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow time for the next track day sunday. Im stoked gonna ride the Gen 4 first time on this track. Really looking forward to riding it. Weather will be 86 degrees a bit warm so grip should be really good.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you just really want me to hate you dont you? your payment for fun while we freeze is you must take videos for me to watch!
lol but just think when its 110 here you will be enjoying really nice track day weather. I will be glad to pay in videos... :)

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TechX - Can't make this one.... Dang, it's gonna be nice!

I'll be there next month, have fun.

Sorry you can't make this one at least the March day will be a double header so hopefully you can make up for the lost day.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Ahh. AZ. Nice!

Not quite as nice, but it won't be too bad at Buttonwillow this Sunday/Monday, either. :eek:ccasion14:
I'm coming down from Alberta to do a couple of trackdays at buttonwillow on the 16-17 as well. Maybe I'll see you there?

I'm breaking in the motor on Sunday. Just happy to be getting on a bike.

We are heading to chickwslla to race for the 22-23rd as well. Doing a track day and a school there to get some time on that track before racing there.

What does your bike look like carver? I'll stop by and say hi.

Justin

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I'm coming down from Alberta to do a couple of trackdays at buttonwillow on the 16-17 as well. Maybe I'll see you there?

I'm breaking in the motor on Sunday. Just happy to be getting on a bike.

We are heading to chickwslla to race for the 22-23rd as well. Doing a track day and a school there to get some time on that track before racing there.

What does your bike look like carver? I'll stop by and say hi.

Justin
Definitely stop by. It'd be cool to meet up. I'm usually parked by pit entrance, but I'm out on track working most of the time. I'll be breaking in an engine, too. Haven't had a chance to get the bodywork yet, so I'll be running street plastic. Been scrambling hard, trying to get the bike ready for the first session of the year.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Definitely stop by. It'd be cool to meet up. I'm usually parked by pit entrance, but I'm out on track working most of the time. I'll be breaking in an engine, too. Haven't had a chance to get the bodywork yet, so I'll be running street plastic. Been scrambling hard, trying to get the bike ready for the first session of the year.
That is such a great color. Bike looks great. I'll be looking for you. This is what my bike looks like, it should be easy to spot lol. We will be the guys who look lost and say "EH" alot.

See you there!

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
That is such a great color. Bike looks great. I'll be looking for you. This is what my bike looks like, it should be easy to spot lol. We will be the guys who look lost and say "EH" alot.

See you there!

Thanks! That sounds good to me. Are you doing the AFM race at Bumpywillow? And have you been there before?

The bike looks good. I like the paint, and the number layout. Pretty cool.

And don't worry - I speak fairly fluent Canadian, buddy.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
We are doing the races at chuckwalla on the 22-23rd. Trying some setup and a engine break in at button. Been there a couple times over the last 5 years. Always love that track.

And yes it may be a bit bumpy, but there is 2 ft of snow in front if my house now, and I haven't been on a race bike since the MOM races in October. Been awhile.

Maybe you can show me a round a bit if you have time? Look forward to meeting you.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
We are doing the races at chuckwalla on the 22-23rd. Trying some setup and a engine break in at button. Been there a couple times over the last 5 years. Always love that track.

And yes it may be a bit bumpy, but there is 2 ft of snow in front if my house now, and I haven't been on a race bike since the MOM races in October. Been awhile.

Maybe you can show me a round a bit if you have time? Look forward to meeting you.
I'd be happy to show you around. And I didn't mean to give the wrong impression - I love Buttonwillow, but there's no denying that it's bumpy. It's actually a small advantage sometimes, as I know where all the bumps are. :biggrin:

Glad we can serve up some California warmth for you to escape the snow. See you soon.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Chuck is a nice track i hear. It gets kind of dirty when the wind blows because its out in the middle of the desert. Its a pretty high speed track not as high as Miller but it has some long sweepers.

Oh and this check the chain on the Kawi I bet that's why he highsided. Sadly that's a 30 grand BMW destroying itself in the California desert. Yikes

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Ouch. That can't be good on the leg.

We were there a couple years ago and they had a machine blowing the sand out of the corners. It still beats the snow thats drifting around here so I'll take it.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ouch. That can't be good on the leg.

We were there a couple years ago and they had a machine blowing the sand out of the corners. It still beats the snow thats drifting around here so I'll take it.

lol i hear you. Its really not bad unless it gets windy. The Kawi rider broke a couple bones in his foot he was back up and riding last track day. I felt bad for the Beemer rider his bike was junk after the crash. You know what they say thats racing.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts