Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If your bike is no longer bone stock, I'd really like to hear what mods you've done to your bike that you really really like and are happy with. I'm just looking at other options for what I can do with my bike.

Anybody have a good experience with a integrated tailkit?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Removed front turn signals off mirrors and wired the running lights into the front signals. Helps clean up the front a bit

Integrated rear tail light and home made license plate bracket (used part of stock mudflap to keep cost down). really cleans up the back end. Got a good name brand integrated light, easy install and no issues ever. If you live in a highly policed area you for like $25 you can get led license plate screws. I had them on my last bike, worked well, I just hot glued the wires to the backside of plate bracket and it looked clean.

-1 front sprocket, wakes the bike up nicely without losing too much top end.

Corbin seat, im old and I like to be comfortable

For performance reasons bmc race filter, full exhaust, pcv, hellrazors servo mod, ss lines, ebc pads, shimmed rear shock and had suspension set, took bike down to frame and removed any extra weight I deemed unnecessary.

For looks added dark smoke screen, rear hugger, de-badged bike.

IMO the -1 front sprocket, and getting the suspension set to your weight are the best bang for the bucks and first mods I ALWAYS do to any bike I get.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great answer teeks! Gives me a few ideas indeed :) I missed a big event that had a mechanic from the Yamaha race team coming out and setting people's suspension and what not to them personally for 40$

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
211 Posts
the suspension on mine is by far the best money i have spent ( full ohlins fron and rear) but the cheapest and most effective mods are captive wheel spacers that dont fall out when you remove the wheels, and the captive rear caliper, it stays in place when you take the wheel out rather than falling off the locating block..

these two together make for piss easy wheel changes and only cost £25.00 for the spacers and it cost nothing to do the rear caliper,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts