Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a long winter up in erie pa i finally got the bike out after it sitting for 5 months and just put on my new set of dunlop Q2's which are pretty dam sweet. anyway i noticed when i started it and when i was riding my FI light would blink constanlty. So I looked up how to check the fault code it was putting out. The code was 34 which is the exhaust butterfly sensor malfunction. Now my question is can i just unhook the sensor or should I fix the problem with the sensor. It didnt do it when i put the bike up in the fall so im thinking it cant be a wiring problem. so just need to know if i cna just un hook or what to do with it..thanks everyone

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i looked and everything seems to be ok..there is a yoshi exhuast on it but it came with the bike from the dealership..like i said i put it up in the fall and it sat for 5 months..i started it here and there and everything was fine and then i went for a ride yesterday and the light wouldnt go off..i looked it up and found out what is was..mainly i just want to know if i can just unhook it and it will be fine to do..

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
no.if you unhook the servo it will throw a Fi light and it will stay on until you plug back in and reset.......................if it was me.I would dbl check all connections...unhook the cable that is coming off of the servo, so it does not bind up anywhere(if it is still connectd that is)..and disconnect your ground to your battery for 5 min then bolt it back up........it should clear the light and you will be fine from now on unless that servo hits something while being activated!..........there is A eXHAUST BUTTERFLY DELETE mod that you can buy that replaces the servo motor and is a 5th of the size.....so you can just tuck it aside somewhere!..........but if you just arbitrarily unhook the wiring going to the servo.YES it will throw a constant code and you WILL still have the FI light on!........the servo delete mod goes for around 75-90 bucks I think......but you can do a search..there was a member that put together his own from radioshack for a few dollars...and I think it worked A-OK for him..........but dont quote me on that...cant remember who it was!.........hope this helps bro!!

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
ps........how far are you from State College?......I need some riding buddies here in PA!...I moved from NC last fall and dont know anyone in the area yet!......and besides........looks like mostly a squidfest here.......most of the older riders are chuggin round on Harleys!.........we should get up some weekend and blast around!..........holla at me!............Russ

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey i appreciate the help man alot..i think that will point mein the right direction...just weird to get a code like that just from sitting over the winter..anyway man i am kind of in the same boat you are..i moved from NC about 2 years ago from being in the military..but i originally grew up in erie..i still dont have alot of people up here to ride with and your right there are a ton of squids up here..also that is weird that you live in state college,my dad actually lives down there..hes in bellefonte..im going down there pretty soon here so i will let you know when i do so we can meet up and go riding..there are definalty some good roads down there...anyway man..thanks again for the help and i will let you know when i take a trip down there..its about 3 hours from where i live now..take it easy man..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts