Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
The question is how much?

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I don't mind killing a few minutes filling up the tank, but can you imagine taking a ride, run out of juice, and wait 8 hours to fill up. LOL

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kinda fugly but 100ft/lbs will def. scoot!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Im not too big on that electric bike but damn did you see that BMW on that page... I never thought I would say a BMW bike looks good but that s1000rr looks nice.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
scroll down the page....Like the idea of the hub center steer...

http://www.mystreetbike.com/?p=15
http://www.tiermotor.com/

Tier Motorsports, LLC
Benefits of the front swing arm
Here is a list of advantages that front swing arm suspensions have over classical forks:
a. 50% anti-dive vs. 90% pro-dive with forks. The classic front fork suspension makes
the front of the motorcycle dive under braking which in extreme cases can cause the
motorcycle to flip forward. Having a front swing arm allows to design the front
suspension with any type of positive dive (like with forks) or negative dive as well as
progressive dive. With negative dive the bike will actually raise during braking. Of course
most riders like to have some dive to have a feel for how hard they are braking so the
ideal bike will have just enough dive to be felt by the rider.
b. Greater comfort. Because the front suspension undergoes less dive during braking it
does not tend to compress the suspension as much. This allows for softer springs to be
installed.
c. Lighter frame and a lower center of gravity improving handling. There is no
longer a need for a sturdy frame around the upper steering column to counter force
from the telescopic fork. On some models the engine can be used as the structural main
frame of the motorcycle (true with redesigned frames; doesn’t apply to kits mounting to
existing frames).
d. Suspension rate and dampening can easily be adjusted on the fly as on rear
suspensions.
e. Constant stability. Minimal change in wheel base throughout suspension travel.
f. More precise handling. Minimal change in trail throughout suspension travel.
g. Increase in braking performance. During braking the reduced dive result in less
weight transferred to the front which allows for the rear wheel to absorb more braking
power.
h. More pronounced separation between suspension and steering/control.
Allowing adjustment of both to achieve optimum performance. The percentage of antidive
can be varied with minimal effect to the steering (On telescopic forks, the dive
under braking causes the wheelbase to get shorter, the rake to steepen and the trail to
reduce.)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Not that I will ever buy an electric bike but why does everything that is electric have to be butt ugly?

·
Registered
634 Posts
100ft lbs @ 0 rpm? So it's not running and it makes power? LOL

Those side plastics look like they stole them off the bottom trim of a trailer.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,083 Posts

:+1::lol:Yeah Elb, and I think we live in the trailer capital of the world!:badteeth:

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
sure its nice but who wants to wait 2 hours to ride after u go just 150 miles?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Looks pretty cool. Not sure how safe it would be humming around town. Wonder if they put something to emit sound on it....

electric motors make the most tq when stopped..... right?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts