Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yeah, Im a little late. Bought the mag a couple weeks back and just got around to posting my findings. There are aleast 3 distinct bashing sessions on Kawasakis:

1. page 13 they talk about Kawi offering 0% finance but also raising prices..and make a snide remark about Kawi giving with one hand and taking with the other. While a section on Ducati on the same page has Ducati offering the same 0 finance and raising prices, yet no snide remarks and they even urge you to head to a Duc dealer offering a website and ph num.

2. pg 48 They place th 09 ZX-10R 10th out of 10 in SBOTY!!! Thats enough on its own.

3. pg 108 They have a used bike guide where they highlight the Yamaha FZ1. They is a section where they have 3 used bikes you should also consider and 1 to avoid. The 1 bike in the avoid section is a 07 Z1000 where they bash the looks, handling, and motor. WTF

To me, this speaks volumes about brand bias when it comes to mags. Kawaskai must not be giving much support to the mag or there is something behind the scenes im missing. Sucks either way, and does nothing to sway me from loving the brand.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Well, bikes in many ways are based on preferences...

The whole thing on the Price bump and comparisons is, the japanese bike as many will say time and time again is Disposable...in 10 years most will be like the 09 ZX10R????
but will be like the 09 1198, RSV-4, Desmosedici...man what bikes

the Z1000 cant say much about it, as i have never ridden one, but get rid of the exhaust and i think they are lookers..

For the 9th place finish, might also be as they do road riding as well as track, and given British roads, it could very easily cause some problems for bikes without twin speed compression dampening.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they also had the CBR 600 and 100 as well as the GSXR and R1, KTM RC8, and Daytona 675. All good bikes in their own rights, but 10th for the ZX10R on top of all the other comments? I smell foul play.

·
Registered
768 Posts
they also had the CBR 600 and 100 as well as the GSXR and R1, KTM RC8, and Daytona 675. All good bikes in their own rights, but 10th for the ZX10R on top of all the other comments? I smell foul play.
Who gives a fuck what the mags say?

At the end of the day, will you love your Kawi any more or less based on someone elses opinion? I know I wouldn't. Ride your own ride, and fuck everyone else. :badteeth:

·
Registered
268 Posts
well i got an 08 zx10 because the dealership had no gsxr 1000's and im gonna say this i am glad that i have my zx10 i love the feeling of it the power of it and the looks of it so at the end of the day someone could tell me they think my bike is a trash can and I will still love it

·
Registered
778 Posts

At the end of the day, will you love your Kawi any more or less based on someone elses opinion? I know I wouldn't. Ride your own ride, and fuck everyone else. :badteeth:
:iamwithst
There is nothing any mag could say that would male me not love my 10r any less then i do, i have ridden other bikes but nothing compares to my 10r IMO

·
Registered
1,978 Posts

:+2::iamwithst

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
There is nothing any mag could say that would male me not love my 10r any less then i do, i have ridden other bikes but nothing compares to my 10r IMO
unfortunately a lot of people think the rags they read are the be all end all of the motorcycling community...those that don't have real seat time and those that are just ignorant take this stuff as gospel.

·
Registered
916 Posts
unfortunately a lot of people think the rags they read are the be all end all of the motorcycling community...those that don't have real seat time and those that are just ignorant take this stuff as gospel.
:+1:

Absolutely true.... I love my 10 too and would never switch to one of them "other ones", sorry I'm old, can't remember the names of them... :crackup::crackup::crackup:

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
I don't think they dislike one type bike/manufacturer. I've seen plenty of cheers from Fast Bikes for Kawi's before. We may not like what they write but we have the choice to buy/not buy their magazine. I would think with Sport Riders 1000cc comparison they just did, and the place Kawi ranked (not giving it away) it is surprising that Fast Bikes gave it such a low rating. I can't say for sure though without having rode all the other bikes in the test though.

Either way I love my bike and always plan on having a 10R somewhere in the garage.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i was just sharing.
hope you read the last line of my post and didnt mistake me for one of them.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
It's whoever gives up the most coin to the mags...that's who get's the good reviews

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
i was just sharing.
hope you read the last line of my post and didnt mistake me for one of them.:rolleyes:
nah not you thanks for sharing. :wink:

·
Registered
641 Posts
I've worked behind the scenes in the motorcycle industry in almost every aspect, and a company I used to work for took out full page ads to advertise our products. I'll just say it goes a long way in getting favorable mentionings/articles in the magazine. It's a real crock, but if you want honest opinions, you need to look for private opinions. Although given the nature of bikes and the liability involved with test drives and testing acceleeration/grip levels, it's hard to quantify results like you can in testing cars.

In the end, they're all close enough. My last bike was a 99 gsxr 750. I'm positive any liter bike from 2001 up will spank that. So I don't care all that much.

Yamaha clearly went for WSB/AMA superbike dominance with the crank design, but sacraficed out of the box power/weight.

Honda went for a Mid-range useable power monster approach

Suzuki is trying to be too much like Yamaha with the edgy styling and living off it's reputation

Kawi went out and built a great bike, that also has minor flaws in the sytling dept. with regards only to the turn signals IMO

My 5 corrections for the ZX-10R 2008 up are:

Rebuilt steering damper
16t sprocket
speedo healer
X-TRE
Slip-on

That will be about it for my bike. I've got the 1st 4 items done, now for the all elusive slip on that will cost me $400+ and piss off my neighbors all for 3-5hp at best =)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts