Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Brands hatch gp.
I was riding the wheels off my bike trying to keep up with a top spec zx10r race bike.
Caught him up and stayed with him for a couple of laps but destroyed the rear racetec in 1 session!
Took 3mm of the right hand side in this video below. Needless to say my bike needs more setup but i was gaining in corner entry which is my strong point.
Enjoy��
https://youtu.be/BSnxmtmOtiE

·
Registered
184 Posts
What type of tires did you have on her?
Nice riding by the way.
Do you have a build thread?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
215 Posts
Yea i was just watching that meter. I use mode 1 at the track and only time it comes on is coming out of turns to try and stop wheelies. Im not that aggressive in the turns or just as i come out leaned over.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
What type of tires did you have on her?
Nice riding by the way.
Do you have a build thread?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Thanks.
I run metzeler racetec 200s or pirelli supercorsas as they are basically the same tyre.
I was on sc2 compound that day.
Rear view camera shows black lines being left.
Tyre was virtually new at the beginning of the day.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I need to figure out what is up with my bike. It never wheelies!!! I can't tell if my suspension is off or its me.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I need to figure out what is up with my bike. It never wheelies!!! I can't tell if my suspension is off or its me.
What? You joking about? I am constantly trying to stop my bike from wheelieing as it looses me too much time onto the straights.
Ive lengthened wheelbase but i need more weight over the front. My geometry is all wrong.
Front tyre like new and rear tyre destroyed.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Turn off traction control and it will. Gen4 has rear wheel slip and wheelie control tied together. I wish there was a way to control them separately (like on a Gen5) but there isn't. So I've been just disabling traction control completely and enjoying the bike way more that way. What's more interesting is that I have no idea how the bike's electronics sense for when the bike wheelies. It doesn't have a gyro sensor like Gen5. Whatever way it does it, it seems pretty primitive. Instead of allowing to you maybe carry the front wheel a few inches off the ground or at least give you some control over it, it just cuts power and ruins drives.

·
Registered
791 Posts
The one that keeps flashing across the bottom is the traction control intervention display.
I think that traction control intervention bar is the most useless indicator. Not that it doesn't show you TC in action, it's just that it's tiny, poorly located, and often times hard to see with glare. If you're looking at it with any focus, especially during hard corner exits, you're asking to end up on your ass. I only kind of look at it when I review my videos that I film from the triple clamp-mounted-go-pro. I like the way BMW did it on the S1000RR. When TC comes on, you see a bright Orange light flashing. You don't need to focus on it because it's well positioned for your peripheral vision to notice it as you focus on exit apexes.

On the race kit harness, there's a plug, right by the speedo dash, dedicated for the additional auxiliary shift light that mounts atop of the dash. It's a kit part. It's so ironic because if there's one thing that the OEM dash does not need is the shift light indicator--because the RPM lights can be configured to flash at shift points. The lights are so bright that it's nearly blinding. What would be cool is if you could reconfigure that auxiliary shift light to flash when TC comes on.

·
Registered
569 Posts
*That is how the gen 5 and the 15+ R1's are. A bright light flashes at you telling you that your traction control doesn't like what your doing lol.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes its completely pointless other than watching back videos.
I didnt know it was there coz at the points it cuts in your not watching the dash

1 - 20 of 26 Posts