Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how does the fast idle work? what tells it to turn on and up the idle? what tell it that it is time to turn off and go to normal idle? is there a sensor? is it timed? any help would be greatly apreciated. thanks.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I think it goes by water temp sensor and im pretty sure its part of the ECU that controls what it does.... what are y a trying to do?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fast idle

the engine is mounted in a race car, until the temp comes up the normal idle is too slow and the plugs foul. i would like to be able to idle at around 2000rpm for a longer period. it would be nice to have an electrical switch that would make this happen.

right now i have to remove the front skins and jam the gas pedal till the temp comes up. at operating temps the idle is fine.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
the engine is mounted in a race car, until the temp comes up the normal idle is too slow and the plugs foul. i would like to be able to idle at around 2000rpm for a longer period. it would be nice to have an electrical switch that would make this happen.

right now i have to remove the front skins and jam the gas pedal till the temp comes up. at operating temps the idle is fine.
I don't know how you missed this or maybe you didn't but it may help. It's right here in the Performance and Tech section where you started this tread:

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7155

Maybe that will help :dontknow:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
saw that thread, it tells you how to adjust the fast idle. i'm trying to understand what controls the operation of the fast idle so i can lengthen the time it stays at fast idle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts