Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey my bike keeps overheating, found out that the fan isn't moving. Alright well what should i do and what should I check for?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Step by step:

1. Check fuse.
2. Find fan relay, disconnect plug, use a pin and create a full connection. Fan should come on, meaning radiator temperature sensor and/or its wires are bad.
3. If during step two the fan does not come on, then you got problems with the relay and/or fan motor.
4. If during step two the fan comes on, then you need to check your radiator temperature sensor. Reconnect everything. Remove temperature sensor from radiator. Apply heat to the sensor until fan comes on. Again, if it does not come on, your sensor is bad.

Hope this helps.

PS: There is a second temperature sensor attached to the engine. This sensor is used for the temperature indicator in the cluster. This sensor could be bad, and indicating higher temperatures (it happened to me).

Reactions: tasos

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Step by step:

1. Check fuse.
2. Find fan relay, disconnect plug, use a pin and create a full connection. Fan should come on, meaning radiator temperature sensor and/or its wires are bad.
3. If during step two the fan does not come on, then you got problems with the relay and/or fan motor.
4. If during step two the fan comes on, then you need to check your radiator temperature sensor. Reconnect everything. Remove temperature sensor from radiator. Apply heat to the sensor until fan comes on. Again, if it does not come on, your sensor is bad.

Hope this helps.

PS: There is a second temperature sensor attached to the engine. This sensor is used for the temperature indicator in the cluster. This sensor could be bad, and indicating higher temperatures (it happened to me).
:+1: Exactly. Rep sent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts