Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am walking through our local mall yesterday and look in the pizza place and freeze. Standing there, getting lunch is Royce Gracie. I started to take him down and start my ground and pound, but I had a meeting a few minutes later and did not want to mess up my suit.

Anyway, it got me to thinking about who the most famous person that I have ever met is. I've met a few politicians including Bush Sr., quite a few athletes (I'm guessing Peyton Manning or Phil Mickelson would be tops) and Eric Clapton is probably the most famous musician although the most talented was probably Niel Peart.

So, the question on the table is, who is the most famous person you have ever met?

·
Registered
937 Posts
Kevin Greene (FB player)
Britany Spears security leader....
lead singer of Lonestar

Doug Chandler
Hayden Family
Josh Hayes
M. Duhamel

·
Registered
723 Posts
I was on a security detail for Rudolph Gulianni when he came to town two years ago.

That's probably about it for me. While meeting famous people seems cool, I don't think they're any better than us guys here shootin the breeze.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I've met most major NHRA drivers and most AMA riders, if by met you mean short chats in the pits. Back in the early eighties I ran into Barbie Benton and chatted her up a bit. I told her I loved her work to which she responded politely. In truth, I don't even know if she had any "work" besides numerous Playboy spreads, but I really did like those.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Alice DeeJay
Tone Loc
Depeche Mode

I was head of security for a rave company and bounced at a few different bars. Not many famous people roll through Portland unless they are here filming movies.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
um...

im too fer out in the stix to meet anyone famous.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Tone Loc- in gainesville, I forgot about that.

Ziggy Marley- and Robert Jr. and Rojan (Marleys.)

The Miami Vice idiots- Don and Phillip

Indian Larry, Billy Lane

Bruce Jenner

Senator Bob Graham is a friend's godfather- used to seem more level headed. Knew him before he was governor.

Janet Reno

John Glenn

Thurston Moore (Sonic Youth) and his wife. Thurston's mom lived next door for a while.

Charles Oakley, Alonso Mourning.... one of my ex g-fris- was a heat dancer years ago.

Richard Bustillo, Sifu Ted Wong- having to do with Bruce Lee.

Bob Matheson and Bob Griese.....

Could be more.

Really could care less- never asked for an autograph- don't really get that.

I've tried to think who I would ask for an autograph and came up with:

Wayne Rainey, Carroll Shelby, Bob Hannah, Earl Hayden (yes Earl- he raised 'em)... and still not sure what I'd do with the signatures.

Fun little thread.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Ha- I forgot Vanilla Ice lol.

Actually a nice guy, was riding a San Andreas Mountain Cycle, 1st I'd seen. (he owned or owns a bike shop on the beach.)

I had no idea who he was and was checking the bike out, right in front of him my friend says, "do you know who that is?" I said,"no." Friend says,"that is Vanilla Ice."

Right in front of the guy like he wasn't there.

I'm like that's cool- but that bike is bad ass, like a trials bike w/o the motor.
I remember him jumping a kawi dirtbike through flaming wood on a circus of the stars years ago.

Like this but no paint- alum.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Henry Rollins - book signing at the House of Blues Hollywood

Exene Cervenka (any X fans out there?) - twice, once at an album release party and once after an Original Sinners show. I bought a tshirt from her.

Dennis Weaver - Met him at the ski rental line in Telluride, CO

Jay Leno - at the Rock Store. He was in some old Swiss car or something

Jimmy Kimell - at Venice Beach when he was still on the Win Ben Stein's Money gameshow

Colin Edwards - LA motorcycle show 2 years ago
I'm sure there's more, but can't think of anymore right now.

a number of celeb close encounters
a couple of my favs:

Troy Aikman - truck stop in the middle of Texas. He was coming out of the bathroom as i was going in.

Andy Dick - Fairfax High swap meet. He was looking at the same junk pile i was browsing. Everytime I see him on TV, I ask my wife "Did I ever tell you about the time I saw Andy Dick at the swap meet?" Been doing that for years and it still drives her nuts! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Kid Rock lives right around the corner from where I used to live before I moved a couple of weeks ago so I saw him at the local bar a few times and talked to him once. Also saw him and Pam Anderson in a red drop-top ferarri....my boy and I were out riding and they pulled up next to us at the light and we kind of drag raced off the line.......not for very long though.

Also Tons of sports guys in Detroit live where I grew up. Barry Sanders used to come watch our High Scholl Basketball games, and believe it or not I just met Sergei Federov at a gas station a couple of weeks ago.....he was rolling on a MV Agusta F4 Senna Edition.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Glenn Danzig
Jesse James
fmr. pres. Bill Clinton
G.W. Bush
Gen. Tommy Franks
Big Chuck & Lil' John, (Cleveland tv personalities)
Mushroomhead
Mike Vallely-pro skater
Gershon Mosely
Oh, I met Christy Canyon at a strip club on Victory Drive in Ga. LoL!

·
Registered
176 Posts
I gave Fred Savage a ride home from the Dutch Goose in Menlo Park , ca bunch of years back. He and his two "buddy" guards were pretty hammered, I met John Elway that night too. Very weird.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
wako227 said:
I gave Fred Savage a ride home from the Dutch Goose in Menlo Park , ca bunch of years back. He and his two "buddy" guards were pretty hammered, I met John Elway that night too. Very weird.
had many a great lunch @ the dutch goose in the late 70's, you prolly weren't even thought of then.:badteeth:

BD

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
as for meeting famous peeps, mmmmmmm Clint Eastwood, Arnold Palmer, Frank Gorshin (AKA the riddler), Woopi Goldberg when she filmed sister act in Reno. Bernadette Peters.

BD

·
Registered
176 Posts
Ross Perot Sr. and Ross Jr. who I see almost every day cause I do security for them.
General Krulac
Robby Vanwinkle aka Vanilla Ice- use to live down the street back in the late 70's to the 90's and he and my buddy use to race motocross together. Seen him all the time. My buddy would lap his ass on a KX80 and Robby was on a KX125 at a local riding spot. :crackup:
Could be more but can't think right now.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Bart Star Tossed me several passes when he visited the boy's club in 1965.
He asked who the QB was and I raised my hand..great day in my life.
Kevin Schwanz at Barber last year talked to me for 10 minutes about Austin Texas and living there.
Others...Greg White, ARCHIE Manning (signed program at Bama/Ole Miss game), Mat Mladin, Ben Spies, Miguel, Jake, Josh..Nicky Hayden (refused autograph)..
Micheal Jordan at a Hooters in Huntsville, Ala when he played minor league ball.
Bear Bryant when I worked as a part time photog for the Huntsville news taking game photos....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts