Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
F A M I L Y

I ran into a stranger as he passed by,
"Oh excuse me please" was my reply.

He said, "Please excuse me too;
I wasn't watching for you."

We were very polite, this stranger and I.
We went on our way and we said goodbye.

But at home a different story is told,
How we treat our loved ones, young and old.

Later that day, cooking the evening meal,
My son stood beside me very still.

When I turned, I nearly knocked him down.
"Move out of the way," I said with a frown.

He walked away, his little heart broken.
I didn't realize how harshly I'd spoken.

While I lay awake in bed,
God's still small voice came to me and said,

"While dealing with a stranger,
common courtesy you use,
but the family you love, you seem to abuse.

Go and look on the kitchen floor,
You'll find some flowers there by the door.

Those are the flowers he brought for you.
He picked them himself: pink, yellow and blue.

He stood very quietly not to spoil the surprise,
you never saw the tears that filled his little eyes."

By this time, I felt very small,
And now my tears began to fall.

I quietly went and knelt by his bed;
"Wake up, little one, wake up," I said.

"Are these the flowers you picked for me?"
He smiled, "I found 'em, out by the tree.

I picked 'em because they're pretty like you.
I knew you'd like 'em, especially the blue."

I said, "Son, I'm very sorry for the way I acted today;
I shouldn't have yelled at you that way."

He said, "Oh, Mom, that's okay.
I love you anyway."

I said, "Son, I love you too,
and I do like the flowers, especially the blue."

FAMILY
Are you aware that if we died tomorrow, the company
that we are working for could easily replace us in
a matter of days.
But the family we left behind will feel the loss
for the rest of their lives.

And come to think of it, we pour ourselves more
into work than into our own family,
an unwise investment indeed,
don't you think?

So what do you take from this story?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
damn good post.

I always tell my family members i love them when they leave from an event or when I am getting off of the phone with them, never know when one of us might not be there anymore.

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:+1:

It makes you stop and think doesn't it.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Thanks for the reminder, we so easily forget sometimes when getting wrapped up in all the complexities of life...
Love your family, no one will ever love you more in return!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Very nice post. I don't tend to do 'soppy shit' like this but it's bang on. :cool:

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Love my family...hate my inlaws though fuck those cocksuckers :mrgreen:

·
Does not drive into smoke
2,156 Posts
Family is the closest and so it's the easiest to hurt. Family members are always around, so they are the easiest to take for granted.

Great post. :+1:

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm gonna say this and stop the sappy shit lol.

I would also like to say thanks to my second family.

My ZX-10R.net brothers (& sisters) & Mods & Admin here.

You guys have been great friends to me and have helped me tremendously,

not only with my bike, but in life too.

Stay safe my friends

Don

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
damn good post.

I always tell my family members i love them when they leave from an event or when I am getting off of the phone with them, never know when one of us might not be there anymore.
:+1:

Same here! I always end my conversations with my family members with I love you. Even some of my close friends also. Never know when you or one of them might not be there anymore.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
GOOD POST HR. That's one that'll make you think. Not to jack your thread or anything but it reminded me of the following. I wish i'd have thought of this one. But if i had i'd have titled it "the pickle jar and two beers" i think...

The Mayonnaise Jar and Two Cups of Coffee

When things in your lives seem almost too much to handle, when 24 hours in a day are not enough, remember the mayonnaise jar and the 2 cups of coffee.

A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, he wordlessly picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls. He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was.

The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled into the open areas between the golf balls. He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was.

The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else. He asked once more if the jar was full. The students responded with a unanimous "yes."

The professor then produced two cups of coffee from under the table and poured the entire contents into the jar effectively filling the empty space between the sand. The students laughed.

"Now," said the professor as the laughter subsided, "I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The golf balls are the important things--your family, your children, your health, your friends and your favorite passions--and if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full.

The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your house and your car.

The sand is everything else--the small stuff. "If you put the sand into the jar first," he continued, "there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes for life. If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff you will never have room for the things that are important to you.

"Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness. Play with your children. Take time to get medical checkups. Take your spouse out to dinner. Play another 18. There will always be time to clean the house and fix the disposal. Take care of the golf balls first--the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand."

One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the coffee represented. The professor smiled. "I'm glad you asked.

It just goes to show you that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of cups of coffee with a friend."

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Man, if that don't make you stop and think of your family,
Nothing will.

You Sir,
Have been repped. :thumbsup::eek:ccasion1

1 - 14 of 14 Posts