Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just wondering, where do you family (married) guys find time to ride. I ride all the time now, but I'm getting married in a few days and I wanted to know how do you guys balance that whole situation....any advice would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
119 Posts
You should still ride as much as you do now -after you get married.

Your riding habits should not change. Period.

BTW all the best for your wedding

·
Registered
667 Posts
I got a wife and a 3 month old baby, and here's what I do.

If anything is needed, and it can fit in a backpack, then volunteer to get it. Take the bike, and take the long way. But like the others said, she loves you, you love riding. There's no reason you can't take a long ride every week or so just because you want to.

·
Registered
653 Posts
you should both have your own time. i shappen to spend mine riding. helping out around the house some helps when i want to ride alot!! and congrats on your marriage..

·
Registered
397 Posts
This time of year I am up at 5:30 on the weekends, meet riding buddies around 6:45 ride till around 11, home by Noon.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I just walk to the bike while the wife is holding my ankles.
I usually drag her upwards of 50 feet to the bike. Put my lid on while she begs me not to go...ear plugs are essential at this point.
Start up the 10 and proceed to drag the wife down the drive way until she finally lets go.

She's getting better though, this morning she held on until around 50 kms and hr.

I like to think we have a good give an take relationship.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL....thanks for the well wishes and advice guys...she's really not anal about me riding so I'm not worried about that...I'm actually in the process of getting her on her own bike (she's already taken the MSF course) so I should be good to go

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Well me and he share duties and do our own things, I help her with chores and she lets me ride.

When Im out riding on Sundays
She is at home cooking and cleaning

When Im with friends out on Saturdays Riding
She is at home watching the kids

When I ride to work on the weekdays
She is at work making money

Its a very simple and good life I live.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Your riding time shouldn't lessen any, up until you have kids anyways. I've put less than 1000 miles on this summer since having a kid. I think it's the reason I'm turning into such an asshole, maybe it's time for a Harley. Then at least I'd be home cleaning it and fixing it more.

·
Registered
590 Posts
My wife has an R6, so we ride together mostly. My kids are grown so that really isn't an issue. I think if she didn't ride, we'd have issues cause I'd be absent ALOT!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My wife has an R6, so we ride together mostly. My kids are grown so that really isn't an issue. I think if she didn't ride, we'd have issues cause I'd be absent ALOT!

Yeah man I'm trying to get mine to ride the CBR 600 I bought her, but she's one of those "always on the go" people...so the bike just sits.....hmmmmm track bike me thinks?, LOL

·
Registered
411 Posts
i just walk to the bike while the wife is holding my ankles.
I usually drag her upwards of 50 feet to the bike. Put my lid on while she begs me not to go...ear plugs are essential at this point.
Start up the 10 and proceed to drag the wife down the drive way until she finally lets go.

She's getting better though, this morning she held on until around 50 kms and hr.

I like to think we have a good give an take relationship.
looooooooooooool

·
Registered
494 Posts
Yeah man I'm trying to get mine to ride the CBR 600 I bought her, but she's one of those "always on the go" people...so the bike just sits.....hmmmmm track bike me thinks?, LOL
If she's one of those "always on the go" people, can't you be one of those "always out and ridin" people? or does she need you "on the go" too, cause I hate that $h!t. lol
=D

But I usually ride alone or with a small group of people when everyone's knocked the eff out.:badteeth:

And when the kids aren't home, then its just me on my 10r and the wife on hers.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
860 Posts
Yeah my riding/racing time has been cut dramatically this season. I work a lot and now with the new baby even less time. I keep tellin myself it will get easier. It used to be ok just working a lot. Now we each share duty watchin the baby when the other works. I need a better paying job lol.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I quit riding between until our oldest was old enough to watch the littler ones. Not something the wifey imposed, just what I felt comfortable with. Besides, raising a family is expensive as all hell, so I was too broke to ride for those first years. Now the wife rides too, so it's all good. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
119 Posts
When your riding time is reduced due to kids or whatever, make sure you ride to work every day, at least is better than nothing. And book in some track days to blow the cob webs away....

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I ride after work, on Saturdays I ride dirt and take the wife and kids with me and on Sundays I ride the ten.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts