Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The damn chinese are crafty little fuckers! They have coppied the whole billet monobloc brembo caliper, all for 259$ lol.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Radi...rcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item414b4b6b05

I actually fessed up a hundred bucks for one of the 4 piston rear bembo nock offs lost year, just basically to see what it was all about and it was total junk. The pads actually started smoking in a around the block ride. Quite comical.

Edit: on second look they appear to actually be two piece Blillet, still funny

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
yea screw that, they are stamped together. what shit, some poor ass hole will think he is getting a great deal and then one day going into a corner or stopping at a light, well you know the rest:badteeth:.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Seems like an unimportant part of the bike, why not take chances? haha.

·
Registered
860 Posts
It's really messed up that patents don't mean shit in China. They duplicated my whole damn truck ( Chevy Colorado) threw a roll bar on it, a Toyota engine in it, and stamped their own logo on the grill.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Whats so funny is that, you cant have any fake designer hand bags and what not on ebay without getting deleted, yet the chinese are doing parts that can fail and kill people..
maybe someone should shoot customer service an email?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Sneaky little fuckers they are. They don't claim to be Brembos in the ad. They do include free Brembo stickers. It's just vague enough that most people probably wouldn't catch it. I'm sure the folks at Brembo aren't too happy.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I just tried to find brembos for my bike for the rear and at first I Was like oh sweet for 50 bucks I can get a rear caliper brand new... pause NOT! I wound up buying a used ducati 999 rear caliper for my underslung piece....

I actually looked up and tried to find some more info about these thai calipers, seems they work decent and better if you put the bleed screws in the right place.. I still wouldnt trust them though....

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
yea screw that, they are stamped together. what shit, some poor ass hole will think he is getting a great deal and then one day going into a corner or stopping at a light, well you know the rest:badteeth:.
? I can clearly see the machining marks.:dontknow:

·
Registered
95 Posts
? I can clearly see the machining marks.:dontknow:
Maybe he meant it's two halves bolted together as opposed to the higher end real Brembos that are a monoblock?
The halves are machined though.

Zippy chance I would trust those things. Brakes aren't a place to save money.

How would you bleed those things anyway? There is no built in bleed screw from what I can see. It's just screwed in to the end of the banjo fitting.
Not sure how you could get air out of the top part of the caliper while the caliper is on the bike since the air would be above the bleed screw. Anyway, clearly junk.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
Maybe he meant it's two halves bolted together as opposed to the higher end real Brembos that are a monoblock?
The halves are machined though.

Zippy chance I would trust those things. Brakes aren't a place to save money.

How would you bleed those things anyway? There is no built in bleed screw from what I can see. It's just screwed in to the end of the banjo fitting.
Not sure how you could get air out of the top part of the caliper while the caliper is on the bike since the air would be above the bleed screw. Anyway, clearly junk.
^^yea thats what i meant, the thread says "fake monoblocks" mono means 1 and block, not two cast halves stamped together. Things like that should be illegal to sell, because there are a gracious amount of people that are not smart enough or dont know enough about real calipers and will waste their money (maybe more) and buy this crap.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^^yea thats what i meant, the thread says "fake monoblocks" mono means 1 and block, not two cast halves stamped together. Things like that should be illegal to sell, because there are a gracious amount of people that are not smart enough or dont know enough about real calipers and will waste their money (maybe more) and buy this crap.

Go and read the first post again, if you do you will see that I pointed out that they are indeed two piece, not monoblocs like I first thought.

Either way they are shit, and thats all I was pointing out that it's fucked up they can get away with blatently riping off Brembo and selling them on ebay. Not that I thought it was a good idea for one of you guys to buy them.

·
Registered
831 Posts
so the pad material was garbage, but how was the rear caliper itself? I'd like to see someone take both (rear calipers) apart and carefully examine/measure them. I'm willing to bet they would be almost identical.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
so the pad material was garbage, but how was the rear caliper itself? I'd like to see someone take both (rear calipers) apart and carefully examine/measure them. I'm willing to bet they would be almost identical.

The rear caliper I bought just to experiment with, It was cheap and I never had any intention of using it, just checking what kind of quality we were loooking at. Not only did the pads start smoking and almost start on fire, the bleeder nipple hole was not machined right, It took tighetening th nipple almost to the point of shearing off (i actually thought it would) before i could get it to not leak.
Then there was a issue with the hole for the banjo bolt was not threaded far enough in, the banjo bolt was bottoming in the caliper before it sealed, and I was using a acutal Brembo banjo bolt so it shoul have worked. The pad retaining pin was pretty much made out of cloths hanger, normally it would spring back to retain the pads, but this one just bent, lol.

The bremebo logo was a sticker for christ sakes, lol. All in all it was totally what I expected a paper weight that looke like a 1000$ caliper:crackup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.