Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
welds like he has palsy
1,761 Posts
Never bought any, but a lot of people who've bought the Chinese stuff says fit and finish is shit.

·
Registered
349 Posts
My friend bought some from ebay, AuctMarts I believe and I think they have a website. I definitely wouldnt buy ANYTHING from anyone who thinks there is an 03 zx10. If they dont know the years, they usually dont know how to make it either. The fairings he got from Auctmarts were pretty good. Obviously had to fiddle with them to get them on, but didnt have to drill any addition holes. Good thing about them is you can get any paint color by asking them, and they dont add extra fees. He paid around $550 shipped which is what they will do if you email them and ask them

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
I've had my fair share of installing these and some went smooth, others were a major PITA BUT the one thing everyone always forgets about or doesn't think about is having to get the tank painted to match the fairings!!!!!!! the ones i've installed though were good quality parts AND paint work. for the price, i would say it's worth the gamble. best of luck and think about that tank.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I've had my fair share of installing these and some went smooth, others were a major PITA BUT the one thing everyone always forgets about or doesn't think about is having to get the tank painted to match the fairings!!!!!!! the ones i've installed though were good quality parts AND paint work. for the price, i would say it's worth the gamble. best of luck and think about that tank.
:+1: I did one for a R-6,went smooth,had to repaint the fuel tank to match.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
:+1: I did one for a R-6,went smooth,had to repaint the fuel tank to match.
And one thing i'd like to mention is that i'm NOT badmouthing these fairings....hell, i'm all about getting the best bang for the buck AND a note to the OP MR. danzx78....if you end up getting the west fairings in the link then you can probably just get either a black or pearl black tank ot have yours painted the solid color instead of having to worry about any graphics or vinyl. i'd like to see them when you're done bro......... the one set that really sticks with me because of the hell we had getting them on was a set of red bull or telefonica fairings for an 02' gixxer 600, tail and nose went on without a hitch but it seriously took us about 3 hours, countless extra holes to be drilled and a buttload of zip ties to get those suckers on. but i've put them on 600/1000rr's, R1's quite a few gixxers, a ZX6 and most went without too much of a headache and cussing involved. hell if it were me, i'd give em a shot.:mrgreen: and even if you have to repaint the tank, put that on top of what the fairings ran you and you're probably still under/around half what a set of OEMers would cost ya.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn thanks for all the help guys! Ill be purchasing a set of fairings this weekend and ill post up some before after pics. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts