Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I know there are a few Duc owners here. I was wondering what a good price would be on a new Duc 848. I'm thinking about making a trip over to my local Duc dealer this weekend.

Thanks.

·
Registered
798 Posts
sadly you will be lucky to find one for less then msrp ... thing that sucks about ducati's is there not a high volume dealer

i did however find a dealer that gave me 1k off my 1198 .. i called 2 others that were closer to me and they actually laughed at me when i asked for 1k off ....

i would look at 13.5k + tax tags blah blah

·
Registered
677 Posts
Hey all, I know there are a few Duc owners here. I was wondering what a good price would be on a new Duc 848. I'm thinking about making a trip over to my local Duc dealer this weekend.

Thanks.
well since you asked, say 8500. You won't get that though:) expect 13 which is horseshit, hell the new BMW is in that price range with all kinds of cool stuff...

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I guess the bad side is it looks like I won't be getting much of a discount off MSRP. The flip side seems that I guess I can have some comfort that everyone is getting about the same deal.

We'll see what happens this weekend. I'm not really pressed to walk out of the dealer with it...which is a good thing. I still have the 10 and will still keep it even if I do get the 848.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Yeh, same as above, I called 6 different Ducati dealerships in 4 different states when i bought my '07 1098 and EVERYONE wanted full MSRP or more, and wouldn't come off a penny!!! If you can get any new Ducati for even a dollar off MSRP you're doing good!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have no idea why, but 848's are still selling at MSRP or close to it just about everywhere.

There is a 2005 999R with low miles for that much on craigslist and lots of people are picking up slightly used 1098's for even less.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
check out the ducati forum or search for a year old used one...

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
When I got mine I paid msrp but got the exhaust 40% off and 15% off the gear. You just gotta work 'em.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
wow only 15% on gear, every bike I have gotten they throw 1 helmet in for free along with a jacket!!! Heck last year with my 08cbr1000rr I got 2 shoei's, 1 jacket and a full suit for $400 on to my out the door price...Maybe here in florida there like take the gear but even with my bike before the honda I got a free shoei out of the deal with gloves

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
I did save almost a grand in total though with the Termi exhaust so it's a wash. I still got a great bike and love riding her every minute I'm on her.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
yeah, see you got an exhaust, every time I get a bike now I'm like I have enough gear but I'll take that x-eleven shoei off your hands, how much? free with the bike, ok!!! Ride off happy lol

·
Registered
927 Posts
If you do buy a 999 MAKE SURE to get the " Red Key ". This is a must have with the 03-07 749 and 999. I would buy a used 1098 if money was the issue but that 1198 is kick ass.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok, guys I got back from the dealership.

Here are my two options. They have an 09 on the floor and the deal they gave me was $765 off. The other option is the used 09 they have with about 1700 miles. They're asking $11,500 for it. The bike already has some mods done to it namely an Ohlins steering damper, fork slider, K&N air filter, and frame slider. They will also put on a fresh set of tires due to the bike being used on the track once.

So what do you guys think about the options?

·
GEN II Driver
2,894 Posts
11.5 sounds pretty good. just rode a used '08 yesterday for the same price except it had 4.5k on it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts