1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She’s a 2012, ABS.

Here's a list of what was done via ECU Flash:
-Removed fuel cut at deceleration.
-disabled intake flap (open at all times)
-Removed top speed limiter.
-Raised redline to 14,000 RPM.
-Allows Traction Control Mode to be adjusted/turned off 'on the fly'.
-Allows the last selected Traction Control Mode to be retained after the bike is shut off, thereby eliminating the need to remember to turn it off before your next pass.
-Overrides the 'Safety Mode' with the flies installed. (Eliminates small peak power loss experienced from removal of the flies.)
-Allows throttle plates to fully open at 3200 RPM in High Power modes with flies installed. (Low Power modes operate normally.)
-Reduces "decel pop". An additional internal mod was engineered to cut down on what small amount of decel pop remained after installing our PAIR cap.
-Eliminates Internal Fuel Cut for smoother open/shut throttle operation at higher RPMs.
-New modification to allow consistent selection of internal maps located in ECU.

Now for the other goodies on the bike:
-zero gravity Corsa race screen
- carbon fiber front and rear fenders, dash panels, forward edge cowlings (Twill weave)
- Evotech performance: radiator guard, front axle sliders, swing arm spools, frame sliders, passenger peg blank off plates (top notch stuff!)
- modified factory rearsets with bearings to remove the "slop" and play in them. You won't need aftermarket rearsets unless you're taller or shorter and want adjustability.
-LK lightweight, adjustable levers (standard length). Adjusters and hardware are anodized red, levers are black.
-Vortex racing version 3 gas cap (black with silver locking lever). Self venting.
-Full titanium Arata exhaust. Much better dyno results than akrapovic. And the welds are immaculate! Hands down my favorite exhaust on this motorcycle.
-Kawasaki rear seat cowl (not an eBay fake)
- 1/5 turn throttle
- moto inkz wheel decals
- custom factory styled decals in a carbon vinyl and silver outline. Looks factory until you look up close.

Bike only has 3,700ish miles. Clean California title in hand, and InstaVIN report ready for anyone interested. Just don’t know what a fair asking price is.

Help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,721 Posts
Hey Heli, sorry to see that you're selling it. Hopefully it's to upgrade!

As far as your price-point on it, it will be tough. Geographical influences will play into this also. Most of the 2011-2013 models will command somewhere in the $8k range. The lower mileage can help some, but a bike that isn't ridden much scares off some people also. My 2012 with 15k miles was sold at the dealership with a $7999 price tag. It was non-ABS, but the markup for that still doesn't get you the full $1k over that.

The bolt-ons and do-dads will help it sell faster, but those things usually add fractions to the dollar on the price. Reasonably, I'd be expecting about $9,000 or less the way it sits.

Take my opinion for what it is as I'm not a salesman. :wink: She is pretty though and that carbon looks great! GLWS!

Reactions: Helitech

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Heli, sorry to see that you're selling it. Hopefully it's to upgrade!

As far as your price-point on it, it will be tough. Geographical influences will play into this also. Most of the 2011-2013 models will command somewhere in the $8k range. The lower mileage can help some, but a bike that isn't ridden much scares off some people also. My 2012 with 15k miles was sold at the dealership with a $7999 price tag. It was non-ABS, but the markup for that still doesn't get you the full $1k over that.

The bolt-ons and do-dads will help it sell faster, but those things usually add fractions to the dollar on the price. Reasonably, I'd be expecting about $9,000 or less the way it sits.

Take my opinion for what it is as I'm not a salesman. :wink: She is pretty though and that carbon looks great! GLWS!

Sky, thanks for the input brother! I hope your recovery has gone well so far! I listed it for $10k and will work from there. Just haven’t had time to ride it, my daughters getting older and into a lot of things so it takes up a lot of my time (no complaints though). Would love to see her go to a good home!

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,721 Posts
Sky, thanks for the input brother! I hope your recovery has gone well so far! I listed it for $10k and will work from there. Just haven’t had time to ride it, my daughters getting older and into a lot of things so it takes up a lot of my time (no complaints though). Would love to see her go to a good home!

:eyecrazy: I was giving you prices for the bike. I don't really know how much you're trying to sell your daughter for, but it's sure to be more than $10k. :confused:

:crackup:I read that wrong above, obviously. Yeah, I just saw your other listing with the pricing you've already come up with. You'll just have to see what kinds of tire-kickers show up to look at it and go from there!

I'm doing OK these days. Thanks for that!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Beautiful bike! Its a shame you won't get all the time and money back from it though. If you still have some of the stock parts and have some time you'd definitely make more by parting out some of those awesome goodies and selling it a bit more stockish.

Kids are a game changer though, I just had a little guy in January and I've raced my bike once this year and only ridden it on the street a handful of times to get the tune dialed in a bit.

To me that knows how much time and money you have into it, 10k seems like a steal to me. I have that same exhaust and know how spendy that alone is mixed in with all the goodies. Good luck with the sale and hope you get what you think its worth.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Beautiful bike! Its a shame you won't get all the time and money back from it though. If you still have some of the stock parts and have some time you'd definitely make more by parting out some of those awesome goodies and selling it a bit more stockish.

Kids are a game changer though, I just had a little guy in January and I've raced my bike once this year and only ridden it on the street a handful of times to get the tune dialed in a bit.

To me that knows how much time and money you have into it, 10k seems like a steal to me. I have that same exhaust and know how spendy that alone is mixed in with all the goodies. Good luck with the sale and hope you get what you think its worth.

Yeah, I bought the bike after my daughter was born with hopes that I’d ride more often. I have all the factory parts except rear seat, and passenger pegs. But I think the only thing worth taking off to sell would be the exhaust. Hahahah

Hopefully someone comes by and makes a competitive offer. In no rush really, and don’t mind riding her to work once in a while.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
She’s a 2012, ABS.

Here's a list of what was done via ECU Flash:
-Removed fuel cut at deceleration.
-disabled intake flap (open at all times)
-Removed top speed limiter.
-Raised redline to 14,000 RPM.
-Allows Traction Control Mode to be adjusted/turned off 'on the fly'.
-Allows the last selected Traction Control Mode to be retained after the bike is shut off, thereby eliminating the need to remember to turn it off before your next pass.
-Overrides the 'Safety Mode' with the flies installed. (Eliminates small peak power loss experienced from removal of the flies.)
-Allows throttle plates to fully open at 3200 RPM in High Power modes with flies installed. (Low Power modes operate normally.)
-Reduces "decel pop". An additional internal mod was engineered to cut down on what small amount of decel pop remained after installing our PAIR cap.
-Eliminates Internal Fuel Cut for smoother open/shut throttle operation at higher RPMs.
-New modification to allow consistent selection of internal maps located in ECU.

Now for the other goodies on the bike:
-zero gravity Corsa race screen
- carbon fiber front and rear fenders, dash panels, forward edge cowlings (Twill weave)
- Evotech performance: radiator guard, front axle sliders, swing arm spools, frame sliders, passenger peg blank off plates (top notch stuff!)
- modified factory rearsets with bearings to remove the "slop" and play in them. You won't need aftermarket rearsets unless you're taller or shorter and want adjustability.
-LK lightweight, adjustable levers (standard length). Adjusters and hardware are anodized red, levers are black.
-Vortex racing version 3 gas cap (black with silver locking lever). Self venting.
-Full titanium Arata exhaust. Much better dyno results than akrapovic. And the welds are immaculate! Hands down my favorite exhaust on this motorcycle.
-Kawasaki rear seat cowl (not an eBay fake)
- 1/5 turn throttle
- moto inkz wheel decals
- custom factory styled decals in a carbon vinyl and silver outline. Looks factory until you look up close.

Bike only has 3,700ish miles. Clean California title in hand, and InstaVIN report ready for anyone interested. Just don’t know what a fair asking price is.

Help!

I'm gutted for you friend!but family must always come first!I have seen this so many times in my life and have done it also!there will come a time the 2 wheel bug we all have deep inside will buy again!but this is usually when your children have checked out on their own and you will look for a hobby!you can only talk so much at home before you need more stimulation believe me!its hard to say this but good luck with your sale and make someone pay your asking price!the money is a fact just looking at a/m parts!
Cheers Peter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm gutted for you friend!but family must always come first!I have seen this so many times in my life and have done it also!there will come a time the 2 wheel bug we all have deep inside will buy again!but this is usually when your children have checked out on their own and you will look for a hobby!you can only talk so much at home before you need more stimulation believe me!its hard to say this but good luck with your sale and make someone pay your asking price!the money is a fact just looking at a/m parts!
Cheers Peter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks brother! Just making room for other things really. I have no doubt the bug will bite me again, this being the third time I came back to the culture or lifestyle Hahahaha! Cheers mate!

·
Registered
333 Posts
I dont know why these 4th gens dont hold their value better... They run laps around most bikes pre 2015 and seem like the only reliable 180+ wheel hp motor around. Sad to see it go but i was in the same situation last summer due to my son so i understand. Still kept the track bike but havent rode the streets in a while. If you're curious my 13 sold for 7,900$ with 7k miles, flashed ecu and slip on. Yours should do better because of the low miles and location especially but good luck brother!

·
The Pace
7,163 Posts
Between 5-6 thousand and that's because low mileage. Building show bikes are not productive investment; no market translates to mega loss on inflation alone.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Between 5-6 thousand and that's because low mileage. Building show bikes are not productive investment; no market translates to mega loss on inflation alone.

As always I’ll take your advice with a grain of salt. I didn’t build a “show bike” I built a bike to my liking, just haven’t had time to ride cause of life, and gave other things in mind. Gen 2’s with salvaged titles are listed for 4-6. Not in any rush to sell and I’m determined to get something at least close to my asking price. Thanks for your input though I guess!

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
683 Posts
As always I’ll take your advice with a grain of salt. I didn’t build a “show bike” I built a bike to my liking, just haven’t had time to ride cause of life, and gave other things in mind. Gen 2’s with salvaged titles are listed for 4-6. Not in any rush to sell and I’m determined to get something at least close to my asking price. Thanks for your input though I guess!

Don't listen to that bogus estimation... Pretty much everything Scout has to say is one of 3 things: bullsh*t, not relative to the topic, or just plain ignorant. Bike's worth 8K all day based on mileage alone. If someone see's value in mods they'll bite the bullet and pay more, especially if the other bike they're looking at has triple the miles and is bone stock. If someone offer $8,500 don't look back. A dealer would offer you $6K but just look at the KBB... bike held it's value well... If someone like Scout offers you $6K (and they're being a dog about it after you turn em down) have them drive out an hour and ghost them. Done it before only when well deserved though.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Is that a full ARATA system or a slip-on on the bike? It's bloody gorgeous!

Mods tend to help when a buyer is deciding between two bikes but on their own, they only help marginally. That said, with low mileage like yours, it's definitely up in the 8k range but not much more. Issue is, 2016+ are now on showroom floors for 10k and not selling so it's hard to justify 9 for a 5 year old gen4, as nice as it is. However, there will always be market for those who want a gen4. I just sold my 2011 gen4 race bike and the guy who wanted didn't waste my time. He wanted it and that was it. It will take a bit of patience but it will find its new home. You could try to part a few things and put stock back. It won't bring its value down by much.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is that a full ARATA system or a slip-on on the bike? It's bloody gorgeous!

Mods tend to help when a buyer is deciding between two bikes but on their own, they only help marginally. That said, with low mileage like yours, it's definitely up in the 8k range but not much more. Issue is, 2016+ are now on showroom floors for 10k and not selling so it's hard to justify 9 for a 5 year old gen4, as nice as it is. However, there will always be market for those who want a gen4. I just sold my 2011 gen4 race bike and the guy who wanted didn't waste my time. He wanted it and that was it. It will take a bit of patience but it will find its new home. You could try to part a few things and put stock back. It won't bring its value down by much.

It’s a full system, I was almost sure I bought it through you hahahahahah!

Not in any rush, not an emergency sale of any sort. Just have my interests elsewhere at the moment, and I don’t see my daily use of the bike going up anytime in the near future. If someone came, didn’t waste my time or theirs, and offered me something in the ballpark, I’d toss them the keys and sign the title.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Smart man! I know how you feel about kids and life tho. I got an almost 2 year old and another due in Feb. Any chance I get I go for a ride. If it's any help...I paid $7500 for my 2015 with double the miles of yours with less mods and I still felt like a got a good deal based off what I see them going for. I'd start at 9k and be open to reasonable offers.

Don't listen to that bogus estimation... Pretty much everything Scout has to say is one of 3 things: bullsh*t, not relative to the topic, or just plain ignorant.
Pretty much sums it up!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts