Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
November 2017 i buy a five piece set of ceramic hybrid bearings off of Factory Pro this a cut and paste of the e/mail i just sent them titled"WTF Seriously"

Hi back in November 2017 i bought a set of 5 ceramic hybrid bearings for a 2008 Kawasaki ZX10R on a special introductory deal from you. They were great in fact fantastic. I fitted them to one of two sets of wheels (ones with race rubber on) the wheels have been on and off the bike since, guessing for a total of 1500 hard (hyper fast) miles. Tuesday i had them in at a tyre dealers for new rubber the guy calls me across when the front wheel is on the balancing machine and says one of my bearings is on the way out rough sounding and some vibration, i explain that's impossible as there ceramic but he showed me i declined the offer of a set of new steel bearings and said i will pull them later to look. Today i pulled the seal of the suspect bearing and although the same seal and manufactures marking are on both sets of outer races this one has standard steel bearings and the other correct ceramic bearings???? This has stunned me, i presume this is a major fuck up by whom ever fits the ceramic bearings into the races??

1 - 2 of 2 Posts