Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gauging the interest on this for a GB.
I contacted flatout to see if he can get them, maybe we get a better deal if we get 5-10 orders.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Did we ever find out if the tenr benefits from the stacks?

Might be interested if there is something to gain and the price is right.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I looked at the facotroy pro site and they show benefits of 3-4 hp starting at 7k rpms, but attribute 1-3 to the BMC race air filter...although I've never seen anyone gain hp from an air filter...I might be wrong. Factory did not alter the FI mapping with a PCIII or the teka and achieved this gain. Retail is $229, so maybe we can get them under $200 shipped? Typical, $100 a hp rate. There have been 3 people here who have said they were ordering them and would "post results" WTF happened????

http://www.factorypro.com/images/dynocharts/dyno_K95,07_55in,15out,Vstacks,BMCr,noPCvs_stkair,stkstacks,noPC,300.jpg

A guy on the 10r-forum.com talked to a kawi race rep at a dealer show and they said the factory pro stacks and a PCIII are the way to go with the ZX10r. This guy had no reason to lie and it came from a kawi race rep promoting non-kawasaki parts. Check the 3-5th post down

http://zx-10r-forum.com/showthread.php?t=494&highlight=factory

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
i remember a guy a while back put them on his bike and said there was really no gain. i dont recall the link or anything but i remember reading about it

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
BNninja said:
I looked at the facotroy pro site and they show benefits of 3-4 hp starting at 7k rpms, but attribute 1-3 to the BMC race air filter...although I've never seen anyone gain hp from an air filter...I might be wrong. Factory did not alter the FI mapping with a PCIII or the teka and achieved this gain. Retail is $229, so maybe we can get them under $200 shipped? Typical, $100 a hp rate. There have been 3 people here who have said they were ordering them and would "post results" WTF happened????

http://www.factorypro.com/images/dynocharts/dyno_K95,07_55in,15out,Vstacks,BMCr,noPCvs_stkair,stkstacks,noPC,300.jpg

A guy on the 10r-forum.com talked to a kawi race rep at a dealer show and they said the factory pro stacks and a PCIII are the way to go with the ZX10r. This guy had no reason to lie and it came from a kawi race rep promoting non-kawasaki parts. Check the 3-5th post down

http://zx-10r-forum.com/showthread.php?t=494&highlight=factory

HAHAHHA 200 dollars for little tubes of plastic/rubber.....niiiiice! No Thanks!

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are billet and you are paying for R&D time to develop the highest gains. And if you have been around you will see it is $100 per hp or $50 for each pund lost. That seems to be the scale people use.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
BNninja said:
They are billet and you are paying for R&D time to develop the highest gains. And if you have been around you will see it is $100 per hp or $50 for each pund lost. That seems to be the scale people use.
210.00 shipped guys give me a call to order.
Slava
317-890-9110

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My money fell through, dogs got sick, so let me know what you think please miykl and I will order them if you give them good reports. What air filter are you running?

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
BNinja- I have a race BMC filter. Seat of the pants told me the bike picked up when I installed it, but the stock filter was damn dirty by that time, so I dunno??? No loss, that's for sure. I wish i had the funds to Dyno at every mod but that would mean less mods!! I will be dyno'n after the stacks are on (hopefully Saturday after next)

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
BNninja said:

I guess I'm just a cheap bastard....

·
Registered
928 Posts
im curious about them also, i had graves v-stacks in my r6 and they were great. they shifted the power band up about 750 rpms and the bike would pull hard up top and made it alot easier to ride cause u could actualy feel the bike flatten out and shift, were as before it was so flat up top for so long i didnt know when to shift by feel or sound.

also with my gf's r6 i bought 2 of the outside stack from yamaha and put them in the middle to have 4 short stacks, and it felt the same and only cost me $4 for the 2 stacks, cheapest mod ive found to date that made such a noticable difference.
can something like that be dont with the 10?

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, you can do that, but I tried it on the 636 and my results of 4 short stock stacks was not good. It killed the midrange.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
The factory pro site eludes to a gain being had on the 10 by using four short stacks, but claims their stacks are an improvement over the short Kawi pieces.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts