Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just comapred the sport rider finding for the factory pro stacks (04 R1) to facotry pros site and man what a difference. Even with their overly optmistic dyno, sport riders claims are WAY below the gains factory pro asserts that they can gain.
I have to say I'm a little bit disappointed in regards to this since factory pro claims no need to remap the Fi...what a bummer...and miykl said they aren't really worth it either. LIARS, LIARS trying to get me to waste my money. ARGHHH.

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
It might have lost a lil on top for the R1 but it sure as hell cleaned up that midrange dip they had. They should remap and see if there are anymore gains....

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
still what factory pro claims is no where near what sport rider received...all marketing gimics

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Thats why they call'em salesman, make the sale even if they have to lie:rant: .

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
nolaZX10 said:
It might have lost a lil on top for the R1 but it sure as hell cleaned up that midrange dip they had. They should remap and see if there are anymore gains....
It looked like about a 7-8 hp gain through the middle. Well worth it if ya ask me.
Wish they would have tested a 10R.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Pesky has the V-stacks on his R1. My bike still make 5 more HP than his at 8.3k rpms. No doubt his bike runs stronger than most though. As for the 10, maybe with a full system the V-stacks would be of more bennefit. Ballsup will have to comment on that once he get's in some runs.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I just installed the stacks, HOLY CRAP! It has way more mid-range, crisper throttle response, and is slightly louder. It pulled like a freight train to 173 mph and was still climbing when I came up on some cars and had to brake. Muzzy Ti slip-on, -1 front, +2 rear, BMC street filter, strapped in the front. I drag raced a friends car (800+ rwhp), and beat him by 2 car lengths. I have a pcIII on the way. I think they're well worth the $$$.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Were these Factory Pro VS? and is that the only change you made or was it in combination with something else??

BD

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
some stacks went for 50 bucks on ebay with an airbox.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I finally got Marc to answer me on his findings...the Stacks, with BMC race WITH KIT ECU gained the horsepower....the horsepower gained and shown on their website could be just the benefit of the kit ECU...too bad the site says no fuel changes done...that right there is a LIE.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I talked to Muzys and they said they had no plans to develop their own

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
BNninja said:
I finally got Marc to answer me on his findings...the Stacks, with BMC race WITH KIT ECU gained the horsepower....the horsepower gained and shown on their website could be just the benefit of the kit ECU...too bad the site says no fuel changes done...that right there is a LIE.
I exchange a few emails with Ryan Schnitz last year regarding the usefullness of the 'kit ECU' and any advantages if any and his reply was no/none in his experience/application.

BD

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the ECU would still act as a PCIII and the fueling changes could very well account for the gains in hp seen...i know the PC gave me better gains than the pipe gave me on this bike!!!

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Yes, these were the factory pro VS. No other mods were done, just the VS. I will be getting my PCIII this week and need to schedule an appt. with BVH to get it dyno tuned with exhaust sniffer. I want to be running close to 13.1-13.2 A/F.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
1killer1liter said:
Yes, these were the factory pro VS. No other mods were done, just the VS. I will be getting my PCIII this week and need to schedule an appt. with BVH to get it dyno tuned with exhaust sniffer. I want to be running close to 13.1-13.2 A/F.
Do you live in my neighborhood or will you be visiting BVH just for the tuning??

BD

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I thought we had been over this before BD? You see me sometimes on your way to work.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts