Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Wondering if anybody has taken the length measurements for these ? I have the correct set in my 07, but am interested in possibly experimenting with the earlier ones if they're different lengths (and of course, they fit) - does anyone have the measurements handy ?

(I'd prefer not to take the lid off my airbox to check for myself if someone has already got these figures)

Thanks in advance,
Brian

·
Registered
664 Posts
They may not fit.

I while back I had two air boxes. One was left over from a 04-05 ZX-10R, and the other was from a recently purchased 2007. I wanted to take the short stacks from the gen 1 and put them into the gen 2 air box so I'd have all short stacks. Unfortunately, the OD (and maybe the ID) of the gen 1 stacks were slightly smaller, just enough so it was not a straight, bolt-in swap. I did not continue, so I don't know how much more work it would take to make gen 1 stacks fit in a gen 2 air box (or vice versa).

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Russ, I'm not averse to modifying another airbox if need be, but certainly useful to know.

Cheers,
Brian

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
They may not fit.

I while back I had two air boxes. One was left over from a 04-05 ZX-10R, and the other was from a recently purchased 2007. I wanted to take the short stacks from the gen 1 and put them into the gen 2 air box so I'd have all short stacks. Unfortunately, the OD (and maybe the ID) of the gen 1 stacks were slightly smaller, just enough so it was not a straight, bolt-in swap. I did not continue, so I don't know how much more work it would take to make gen 1 stacks fit in a gen 2 air box (or vice versa).
It the bolt pattern was the same and the stacks were centered its an easy fix.

Go buy a flapwheel that will chuck up in a drill and trim it so that the flapwheel fits snug in the smaller ID. It makes a nice perfectly round, oversized bore in no time.:eek:ccasion1:2cents:

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking similar, they may not be too hard to modify, worht a punt I think.

Cheers,
Brian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts