Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Fack its hot!

4K views 61 replies 42 participants last post by  sam_b03 
#1 ·
108 at 5:30pm.

This is dogshit.I cannot ride with gear at this temp.It's brutal, like putting your balls in a microwave brutal.

Anyone else having this problem?

#6 ·
speaking of vests and very hot weather...I know we've spoken about squidly behavior but how do you guys feel about a vest for those hot days instead of the Jacket??? obviously gloves and helmet but i'm curious to see how people feel about the vest similar to the icon field vest i see a lot of squids riding with. sorry for the thread jack but i thought it was relevant.

#10 ·
You can call me a Squid all you want, but when the Temperature hits mid 90s and I have no choice but riding the ZX-10, im going in a T-shirt with no jacket. I think the risk of overheating and getting sever dehydration or a sun cramp at best, and at worst a sun stroke, out ways the risk of going down.
Obviously the smart thing to do is were your gear, but when you've got no choice, Heat can be MUCH more dangerous then the crash.

#12 ·
At those temperatures a good flowing jacket will cool you more than having your bare skin exposed to the sun. Also wear an iceberg cooling vest that will cool you for hours. Best $20 I spent on gear. Also stop being pussies and imagine being in Irag with 50+ pounds of gear on.

#19 ·
Ohio's weather so far has been great we had a few hot ass days but here lately its been like fall with temps in the mid 70's and 50's at night, loving esp with no rain here in a while atleast my part of ohio but it also sucks cause its hurting my pockets with no grass to cut Im not making any money to keep me floating by till I find work again... but rain is comming tomorrow .

#22 ·
I'm near Louisville, KY and I'm still wearing my icon leather jacket (non-perforated). It has been 95 out and I got stuck in traffic for about an hour in that heat, and it wasn't fun. Thinking about a perforated leather jacket but haven't pulled the trigger on that yet. I won't ride without at least my mesh jacket. I can handle sweating a bit (or a lot).

#24 ·
HTML:
HTML:

I'd rather sweat.

#28 ·
I did a track day with a few friends yesterday at willow springs raceway in Rosamond Ca yesterday temps were over 100 degrees pretty much all day had on full leather 1 piece w/ under armor protection , stayed & rode the track for legit 20 minute track sessions from 9:00 am until about 4:20 pm we had fun, but think i will wait until end of sept to hit another track day , the heat made it just way more intense

I crashed out at 9 pm last night and did not wake up until 8 am = sun baked

#29 ·
so glad i don't have to deal with the hot weather here in MT but 85 is hot as hell to me so when it does get there i bought a shift mesh jacket that flows extremely well and is whit so even when stopped in town it don't get too hot!

#30 ·
lol, I doubt they make one for your balls haha, even though at the strip on time, my best friend had just ran and coming back to the pit he pulled out where we were and hes says to my wife its freaking hot, next thing you no a hole bag of ice down his jacket haha...it was funny!!! Best friend keep in mind lol

#38 ·
i haven't read any of the responses yet, but I'll say this:

I lived in phoenix for a year. Anything over 105 degrees switches from a relieving cooling effect, to a cooking effect the hotter it gets with regards to riding the motorcycle. I.E. the faster you go when it's over 105 degrees, the hotter I got.

Sux. Good thing I live a mile from the beach in San Diego now =)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.