Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What makes that red f1 light stay on?

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,372 Posts
What makes that red f1 light stay on?
I just got that the other day. First time ever, I called a few dealerships and they say to bring it in and they have to hook it up to some diagnostic computer to see if it's the valves or timing or what.

One even told me to warm the bike up and ride it and turn it off and repeat it a few times and that sometimes makes it go away. Another said they can also reset it and it might help.

Can anyone chime in?

:dontknow:

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
if its the red light on the right side of the dash its prob your oil light meaning a problem with the oil pressure

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
With the engine stopped and turned in the self-diagnosis
mode, the service code [A] is displayed on the LCD (Liquid
Crystal Display) by the number of two digits.
If the problem is with the following parts, the ECU can not
recognize these problem. Therefore, the warning indicator
light (LED), FI and/or immobilizer warning symbols do not
blinks, and service code is not displayed.
LCD for Meter Unit
Fuel Pump
Primary and Secondary Fuel Injectors
Stick Coil Secondary Wiring and Ground Wiring
ECU Power Source Wiring and Ground Wiring

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its not blinking or anything just staying on, is there a way to reset?

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
with the engine stopped and turned in the self-diagnosis
mode, the service code [a] is displayed on the lcd (liquid
crystal display) by the number of two digits.
If the problem is with the following parts, the ecu can not
recognize these problem. Therefore, the warning indicator
light (led), fi and/or immobilizer warning symbols do not
blinks, and service code is not displayed.
Lcd for meter unit
fuel pump
primary and secondary fuel injectors
stick coil secondary wiring and ground wiring
ecu power source wiring and ground wiring
thanks for the info

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
It also could be the the ignition switch, if ya put your bike in park the lights (city light tail light LP light) should come on if they dont then according to the 08's manual it says to replace the Ignition switch.. try that and see if those lights work.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
It's FI, F1 is a racing series.

Many reasons for it to be on, most commonly on from removing you exhaust valve servo, but it is similar to a Service Engine Soon Light on your car.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's FI, F1 is a racing series.

Many reasons for it to be on, most commonly on from removing you exhaust valve servo, but it is similar to a Service Engine Soon Light on your car.
ok FI NOT F1 BUT I DO LOVE F1 RACING LOL CAN IT BE CLEARED LIKE IN A CAR? IT JUST CAME ON I HAVE SEEING IT ON.

·
Registered
388 Posts
mine would come on because the exhaust valve switch under the rear cowl(which is disconnected) got stuck in the closed position.bumped in a few times,sprayed some wd-40,and it opens and closes now.no more fi light.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found the code just 24 fixed now BUT how do i clear it from the ECU? THANKS

·
Registered
83 Posts
05 same issue..diagnostic mode...HOW?

I have heard a bit about the diagnostic system but i am not sure how to trigger that for my 05. My FI light is stuck on as well, i have ridden it a few times since and no change..... its got me a little worried:dontknow: I have been told its just a switch or line disconnected but anyone have any insight?

:eyecrazy:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I found the code just 24 fixed now BUT how do i clear it from the ECU? THANKS
any code is cleared when the fix is done period it does not or can not be cleared any other way.....but I did have one I believe for the tip over sensor I needed to restart the bike and put it in gear and even run it through the gears but it cleared. So bottom line if you fix something it will clear itself but if it's not fixed the code will remain.

bloo

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
might try disconnecting the batt for 3 min,..then reconnect,.....
it works on many cars.???...just a stab in the dark,.....but it might work,.......kinda like rebooting a computer......????

·
Registered
48 Posts
You might check your exaust valve servo, if it stopped working you will get a FI light on lots of bikes kawasaki, honda, yamaha and suzukis all do it, maybe a stuck or bad servo or bad cable to the valve, also the valve could be stuck. worth a look then after its fixed pull the ground cable from the batt. for a few mins oh yah if you have a P.C. check connections, power and ground and be sure you have a map installed. good luck

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
any code is cleared when the fix is done period it does not or can not be cleared any other way.....but I did have one I believe for the tip over sensor I needed to restart the bike and put it in gear and even run it through the gears but it cleared. So bottom line if you fix something it will clear itself but if it's not fixed the code will remain.

bloo
To add : The code is cleared (FI light goes off) but the ECU is holding a history internally displaying all the past faults and how many times it has failured. You can see all these only with the KDS s/w (requires special harness). This history can be deleted ONLY through the s/w. You will find this s/w at dealers. This acts only as a history background helping the mechanic what to search for in case of multiple problems, it does not fix the bike by itself.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I found my problem, :badteeth:

I recently had a friend of mine do some work on my bike and he did not plug in a connector, on the right back side of the tank looked like it was going into the airbox. My FI light stayed on continuosly when the bike was on, hooking this connector back in promptly extinguished it. Hope this helps somebody else. Now I can let loose on new 5x20 conversion and she flies :helmet:

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,739 Posts
To add : The code is cleared (FI light goes off) but the ECU is holding a history internally displaying all the past faults and how many times it has failured. You can see all these only with the KDS s/w (requires special harness). This history can be deleted ONLY through the s/w. You will find this s/w at dealers. This acts only as a history background helping the mechanic what to search for in case of multiple problems, it does not fix the bike by itself.
:+1: and the only way to get a hold of a KDS is from a dealer... unless you know someone special :thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts