Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the first 2 instructions form the section of the service manual titled:

"Engine Installation"

1) Support the engine with a suitable stand.

2) Install the heat insulation rubber plate.

Which basically says that I have to remove EVERYTHING just to get it out of the way so I can reach the valves unencumbered. This valve job is turning out to be such a royal pain I just may pony up the big bucks to pay a stealer next time... :rant:

Unfortunately I also have trust issues, as in did he actually do it, and do it the right way? Did he have any extra hardware left over? :shady:

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent.......:crybaby2:

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
If I remember correctly the rubber cover is looped over the "ears" of the radiator. Take the connectors off the radiator without messin' with the hoses and push the radiator out of the way a bit.

You don't need to drop the engine to adjust the valves although after I was done I thought it might be easier.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Shoot after you do it once you can have the motor on the floor in 30 minutes. I had mine in and out three times one week trying different cam timing numbers. It's really NOT all that bad, BUT the first time you'll take more shit off than needs to be.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
you can ask the tech to tell you what each valve was spec'd at, Ivan did for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts