Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah people driving in traffic while on cell phones are ignorant:fu2: can't count the times ive been merged into and 9/10 are on the phone. justa rant......i i was thinking about making a bright orange shirt over my leathers with something along the lines of "f u if your on your cell right now" .... ah yeah

·
Registered
736 Posts
Yeah, they won't notice you on the bike...I've driven rescue vehicles for years and people with cell phones are the worst. If they don't notice a huge vehicle with flashing lights and sirens, they wont' notice us on our bikes.

Be careful out there. Assume you are invinsible...I mean invisible.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
yeah people driving in traffic while on cell phones are ignorant:fu2: can't count the times ive been merged into and 9/10 are on the phone. justa rant......i i was thinking about making a bright orange shirt over my leathers with something along the lines of "f u if your on your cell right now" .... ah yeah

its deffinately one of if not my worst peeve's is the overall rudeness of cell users. I haven't and won't own/use one. :headshake

BD

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Major fines in Aus if they get caught. Ther is an add on tv at the moment which shows a young woman in a car picking up her mobile phone to make a call, but as hhe puts it to her head it is a pistol. Kinda drives the point home... good add

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I dont mind the use of the phone, but for cripes sakes get a freaking headset or BT headset so you can lay the phone down and drive with both hands and be able to turn your head to look.

I talk when I dirve but I always have my headset on, for me though it is not really a choice as I drive a manual and its to freaking hard to talk, steer, and shift.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I think this has become some sort of epidemic. Sometimes while sitting at a stop light I will count the people going through the intersection while talking...seriously people, is it THAT important that you just can't wait? What's worse is that our idiotic elected officials are ignoring the problem. It is true that some places have some kind of law, but the vast majority do not. But make sure you are wearing your seatbelt! That way when you get in a wreck because you were chatting it up you will be ok. :headshake

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
What's worse is that our idiotic elected officials are ignoring the problem. It is true that some places have some kind of law, but the vast majority do not. But make sure you are wearing your seatbelt! That way when you get in a wreck because you were chatting it up you will be ok. :headshake
I totally agree.

The traffic laws are a joke. You can be fined for going 65 in a 60 while being in full control of your vehicle. But it's perfectly fine to drive 15 mph under the speed limit in mutiple lanes at the same time while chatting on a cell phone. :bs:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Major fines in Aus if they get caught. Ther is an add on tv at the moment which shows a young woman in a car picking up her mobile phone to make a call, but as hhe puts it to her head it is a pistol. Kinda drives the point home... good add
think you could find that add online, there are a few people i need to show something like that too.

·
Registered
198 Posts
i know how you feel, i got rear ended last year on my BRAND NEW zx 10 (3miles on the odo). after she hit me, she got out of her car and was still on the damn cell phone! she saw how pissed i was and locked herself in the car til the cops came. you should have seen the look on her face when she found out i was a cop too, plenty of tickets for her.....

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Yeah I am pretty sure I would of have broke the ticket book off in her as well.

My buddy got kind of rear ended last year. Chick bumped him on his bike, then bumps him again and then one more time. He gets off of the bike and asks her why she it hitting his bike and she copped a attitude about the issue saying she did not hit him. He was livid as she was resting up against his rear tire at that moment. He gave her some choice words as she was on her phone and then hit her car right in the fender with his glove and left her a reminder.

He has a temper, I thought it was sort of funny in some weird way.

·
Registered
351 Posts
A couple of recent studies one by the Swedish after 7 years of research concluded that the cell phones are killing the bees. Another done by a MIT professer found similiar results. According to Einstein human life will not sustain for long if the bees become extinct.

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
Fugg cell phones! Fugg Telecom companies and FUGGGGG inattenative drivers on cell phones!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
i drive and talk all the time. sorry guys. i've never had a close call, or killed anyone. i think most people can talk and drive at the same time. the problem i see around here is the younger and/or smaller female drivers in large vehciles. a younger lady in a ford expedition backed into my truck in the parking lot about 3 months ago. what was ironic was the the damage to her vehcile (my '77 chevy had no damage) was cenetered around the little back-up sensor. i had a good laugh at that one. and yes, she was on the phone.

·
Registered
736 Posts
i drive and talk all the time. sorry guys. i've never had a close call, or killed anyone. i think most people can talk and drive at the same time. the problem i see around here is the younger and/or smaller female drivers in large vehciles. a younger lady in a ford expedition backed into my truck in the parking lot about 3 months ago. what was ironic was the the damage to her vehcile (my '77 chevy had no damage) was cenetered around the little back-up sensor. i had a good laugh at that one. and yes, she was on the phone.
When I was younger and stupider I thought that I could drink and drive safely all I wanted to, thankfully I wised up and never had an incident. I think talking whilst driving is a timebomb...but maybe you use hands free? Hands free is much safer IMHO.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
IMHO I don't believe hands free will make much of a difference. People on the phone are paying more attention to their conversation than their driving. Just because you have both hands on the steering wheel doesn't mean they will pay more attention to their driving.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
See I disagree with that, people can multitask. The main reason I see people not change lanes or stop is that with the phone glued to their head they dont move their head to check directions while they are driving.

I have been driving and using cell phones for 10 years now with no accidents that were my fault.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
i know how you feel, i got rear ended last year on my BRAND NEW zx 10 (3miles on the odo). after she hit me, she got out of her car and was still on the damn cell phone! she saw how pissed i was and locked herself in the car til the cops came. you should have seen the look on her face when she found out i was a cop too, plenty of tickets for her.....
WOW that's guts! Actually gets out of the car still on the phone:headshake I also hate when someone is about to merge into me without looking or on the phone then looks at me like im the asshole that did something wrong.

·
Registered
736 Posts
IMHO I don't believe hands free will make much of a difference. People on the phone are paying more attention to their conversation than their driving. Just because you have both hands on the steering wheel doesn't mean they will pay more attention to their driving.
I think the ideal situation is to be focused on driving...technique even in a cage is crucial to both your safety and public safety. However, to clarify my position, I think if you have to be on the phone, then do it with a hands free device(if it's legal where you live).

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :+2: :+2:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts