Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I moved some money around and have 1000 bucks to play with and decided to put it into performance. I was wondering what you guyys would do performance wise if you had a grand to spend?

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,368 Posts
Well for starters, this comes to mind.

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a slip on yosh which is gonna get replaced with a full system and pc otherwise its bone stock, I'm not talkin bout suspension either, plans are for drop and stretch. Its mainly gonna be a show bike but I wanna take it to the strip now and then. I don't wantt the looks being the only thing custom on it. I'm not afraid to dig into the motor just wondering where ppl are seeing decent horsepowe gains with some cash to spend

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I would use it for hookers and blow.

So why dont you use the money and get your swingarm and chain like you want to anyhow, if your going to do it anyhow, no time like the present.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
I have a slip on yosh which is gonna get replaced with a full system and pc otherwise its bone stock, I'm not talkin bout suspension either, plans are for drop and stretch. Its mainly gonna be a show bike but I wanna take it to the strip now and then. I don't wantt the looks being the only thing custom on it. I'm not afraid to dig into the motor just wondering where ppl are seeing decent horsepowe gains with some cash to spend
bolt on extensions, ek zzz 150 link chain, extended brake line, sprockets along with the full system, pc with a tune and you should good to go.

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts

So why dont you use the money and get your swingarm and chain like you want to anyhow, if your going to do it anyhow, no time like the present.
i agree with this guy.... just not sure if i like the hooker and blow or swingarm idea better!!!!:badteeth:

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts

:lol:....and put whatever is left into a shitload of led lighting!!!!:mrgreen:

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
FULL ECU REFLASH..Lotsa tuneability there..

·
Registered
860 Posts
Nitrous is definitely the best bang for the buck. How much of the work do you plan to do yourself? You can get a head ported for $650, but thats just droppin off the head. Disassembly and reassembly cost money.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ive never done nitrous on anything before, what else do I need so i dont create problems down the rode with it or what shot sould I do to stay safe. Ive taken my 636 motor and replaced the crank before so I can do alot of motor work myself just dk how to port and polish.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Ive never done nitrous on anything before, what else do I need so i dont create problems down the rode with it or what shot sould I do to stay safe. Ive taken my 636 motor and replaced the crank before so I can do alot of motor work myself just dk how to port and polish.
i would stay around a 30-40 shot to be on the safe side. get it retune for the bottle with some good octane and you will be fine.

·
Registered
860 Posts
If you've went that far into your 636, you should be capable of pullin your head off and putting it back on etc... As for the spray, you can go as far as your wallet will allow. Basics, some kind of dry kit, including nozzle, lines, solenoid and bottle and a retune. Going further, a spray bar which distributes nitrous better which will be safer for your motor, electronics; progressive controller, safety switches, wideband afr logger, Further yet go into the engine for preventive mods, heavy valve springs and possibly ti retainers. At this point, you can do a thin hg too if you like sense you have to pull the head to get the springs out. End ramble... :lol:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the help! I think im gonna go with my full system and pc3 which i was planning on before but gonna port and polish with a thin hg and do a dry nitrous spray bar and should be good to go!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts