Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine has a 06 10 with a cns cromolly extended 6 to 8 over swingarm.he has the full exhaust so the swingarm has the bend it for room for the exhaust pipe.the problem is when he is drag racing a launches it it flexes to the point where the chain wants to roll off the rear sprocket.anyone have a problem like this?he is real fast and is in the mid to high 8s.he feels he can get his time even lower if we can get rid of this problem.should he change the exhaust and get a different arm?any help would be appreciated.:helmet:

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It may need some underbracing, or maybe the chain needs to be adjusted....any video of the arm flexing so we can see whats going on..?
hes had it braced and the chain is tight.I was just wondering if anyone had a problem like this ever?thanks

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Tighten up the rear shock? i.e. hard rebound, hard compression and tighten the spring. That may help.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tighten up the rear shock? i.e. hard rebound, hard compression and tighten the spring. That may help.
Checked and done.Is it just possible the bike is to powerful for the type swing arm?Has anyone ever had this problem?Im just trying to help him out with some info.I road race and he drag races.He is real fast,Probably one of the best Ive ever seen that's not pro.He has damon buckmasters attack zx10r and he drag races it.It has the full under-tail exhaust Which he likes allot.hence the second gen style extended swing arm.Anyone have a second gen style swing arm that's a extended one piece and get any flex where it wants to almost roll the chain off the rear sprocket during a launch?Thanks.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,388 Posts
Do you know which direction it's flexing? Pictures, particularly of the area between the wheel and the swingarm pivot so that the rest of us can see how the bracing is done, would help.

I have a funny feeling that the aftermarket swingarm is not properly designed to resist twisting.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It twists to the right.I have a feeling you may be right.I dont have any vidio.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Are you sure its the arm flexing? I had a problem with having to small of a gearing combo and the chain was jumping. I would try goin up with both/or one on the sprockets. I know plenty of long bikes running big fronts and real big rears because of this.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I would give C&S a call, they could probably diagnose the problem over the phone. Lots of big torque bikes run their cromo arms, I kinda doubt flexing is your problem. Good luck, Dean

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im sure its flexing.Im going to try to get some video or pics.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts