Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok been looking around and cant seem to find out what I'm looking for..
I got a 6-9'' extended swingarm now I need to get a new chain.
I will be running the full 9'' how many link chain will I need to get ?

someone should make a calculator for this... :thumbsup:

ohh and one more thing will need a extended chain guard also anyone know were to find them for short money

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
I would think maybe somewhere around 130 links but that's a complete shot in the dark.......check in the drag racing section and PM a few of the guys on there that have extensions or extended swingarms and i'm sure they'd be happy to help and give you a better and more specific answer.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Just get the EK ZZZ 150 links, cut off what you dont need. The best Extended chain anway

·
11,423 Posts
Just get the EK ZZZ 150 links, cut off what you dont need. The best Extended chain anway
:+1:...there ya go!! even better idea than mine!!:lol:

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
:+2: Exactly what I did. I cut off 5 links to be at 62.5" wheel base. The EK ZZZ chain is the strongest chain out there and if stretched get the 150 link. At 9" over you may only need to cut 3-4 links tops.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
ok great thanks...

what about extended chain guard? I have been searching around and cant seem to fine much.. mostly any any under $100+

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
Use an on-line calculator!

http://www.botlanta.org/converters/dale-calc/sprocket.html

For the center distance, measure the distance between the center of the transmission output shaft (front sprocket) and where you want to put the axle. For the chain pitch, use "0.625" for any nominal 5xx series chain (520, 525, 530).

edit: Stock swingarm has 25 to 26 inches center distance depending on where in the adjustment slot you want the axle to go.

Reactions: nolaZX10

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
Use an on-line calculator!

http://www.botlanta.org/converters/dale-calc/sprocket.html

For the center distance, measure the distance between the center of the transmission output shaft (front sprocket) and where you want to put the axle. For the chain pitch, use "0.625" for any nominal 5xx series chain (520, 525, 530).

edit: Stock swingarm has 25 to 26 inches center distance depending on where in the adjustment slot you want the axle to go.
Very very useful... thanks man!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
great link gofaster!!!

as far as the chain guard goes was looking around and saw some home made ones that look very simple to make and get the job done. So it looks like I am going to fab my own.. will cost me lest then $10
similar to this one

·
11,423 Posts
Or just buy a 120link and buy the extra links from me.....I have way to much at the moment!
but wouldn't he then be running 2 master links? i know that's not a great idea for the street so it can't be much better for the strip.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
but wouldn't he then be running 2 master links? i know that's not a great idea for the street so it can't be much better for the strip.
i know plenty of guys street/track that runs 2 or 3 rivet master links in there chain without haveing any problems.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ya I seen alot of extender kits that come with the 2 master links and a section of chain 5 or so links.. I'm not crazy about it, but it should be ok a master link is just as good as a riveted link

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
As long as the master link is properly installed... no problem. Think about it, the chain is only as good as the weakest link so 1 shitty master link is no worse than 5 shitty master links.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
oohhh one more thing the stock chain is a 525? or 530?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts