Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Ex Postwhore
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a full system and took off the exhuast servo but left the wire intact, just took them off the closing/opening mechanism. I didnt drive the bike around but I did turn on the bike. I thought that throws on the Fi light. Was I wrong or did I just get lucky or do I actually have to ride the bike a cuople of miles for the error code to kick in?

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts
If you left the servo motor plugged up and just unhooked the cables then you won't get an error code.

Tread

·
Ex Postwhore
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So good thing I didnt waste my money on the Ivans servo elimiator right?

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts
The servo eliminator will allow you to take out the servo motor and free up the space and weight without getting an error code.

Tread

·
Ex Postwhore
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where is the actual motor located, I didnt see anytthing?

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts
The box that you took the cables off of between the seats or did you leave the cables dangling?

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts

·
Ex Postwhore
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I left the cables not dangling but taped to the inside of the frame. Now I see never seen under the seat.(drivers seat) that is.

·
Ex Postwhore
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm just going to leave it for now, I think I've spent enough money for the last three months.

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts
I would at least remove the cables from the motor under the seat.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I removed ny servo motor and Yes I have the error code or FI light on but I don't care seeing I never look at it. Also I thought it doesn't affect the bike at all ? Its just an red light right?

·
Ex Postwhore
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
From my understanding that is correct but I want the light functional just in case something else goes wrong I would be aware of it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts