Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing an M4 GP style exhaust for an '08 10R on my '07 10R, how should program my power commander for that exhaust if the '07 maps do not include GP style exhausts and if I have my power commander, would I need a servo buddy??? Could I program my power commander as an '08 for that exhaust on my '07 or would it throw off the way the bike fires?

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
You will get a FI light on the instrument cluster but it won't affect performance. www.servobuddy.com has them the cheapest if you want the plug in fix so you won't get a FI light. Not too sure if the 3rd gen header will fit on a 2nd gen though. The oil pans are what usually gets in the way of the different year heaeders. Post up if it does bolt on.
Just download a few different maps and see which one feels best. A dyno/custom tune would be $250 well spent for best outcome and performance.

·
Registered
390 Posts
You will get a FI light on the instrument cluster but it won't affect performance. www.servobuddy.com has them the cheapest if you want the plug in fix so you won't get a FI light. Not too sure if the 3rd gen header will fit on a 2nd gen though. The oil pans are what usually gets in the way of the different year heaeders. Post up if it does bolt on.
Just download a few different maps and see which one feels best. A dyno/custom tune would be $250 well spent for best outcome and performance.
:+1: Custom tune 4-sure:thumbsup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks but i think i was misunderstood, im going to install a m4 slip on, not a full system. i dont really have the money for a full system. im just trying to get rid of the gen 2 dual exhaust, i think it looks terrible!!!! and im what some people on here call a squid so im not quite sure where to get a dyno/ custom tune so please enlighten me.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
thanks but i think i was misunderstood, im going to install a m4 slip on, not a full system. i dont really have the money for a full system. im just trying to get rid of the gen 2 dual exhaust, i think it looks terrible!!!! and im what some people on here call a squid so im not quite sure where to get a dyno/ custom tune so please enlighten me.
alot of shops that have dyno's can make a "custom map" for your bike and the specific mods it has but i wouldn't do it for just a slipon. i WOULD either experiment with a few different maps for your year bike though or even call dynojet directly, let them know your setup, and they can suggest the best map for you to use and then you can go in and adjust it/tweak it here and there to your liking if needed. no worries in asking anything on here man...it's how we all learn. there are no dumb questions on here...sometimes there are dumbass answers but ask away. best of luck broski!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts