Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
nice, now you just need to hack it in half!!! I have never heard anything bad about the Leo Vince exhausts.

·
Registered
162 Posts
nice, now you just need to hack it in half!!! I have never heard anything bad about the Leo Vince exhausts.
Does cutting down the muffler cause any performance issues like back pressure or anything? I hear of people doing it and it looks good but I wouldn't want to screw with the performance in a negative manner or cause it to be overly loud.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does cutting down the muffler cause any performance issues like back pressure or anything? I hear of people doing it and it looks good but I wouldn't want to screw with the performance in a negative manner or cause it to be overly loud.
That's the reason i bought this one I have a scorpian that I ccut down, looks good but it pops when decelerating, was dri ving me nuts

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
I love that popping sound when slowing down. If I remember it's uneven back pressure but don't hold me to that.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Thats a great deal man and it looks tits too

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Does it still pop on decel? My guess is that it would, because blockoff plates would have more of an effect on decel pop then the length of the slip-on.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Wooow. Thats huge. Good price. I would cut it as well.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I agree aBout cutting it down but it looks like the cf is flared on both ends. And yes it still pops and no the block off plates have not been done. I also have no tune, do I need a pc3?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
A PCIII wouldn't hurt, but I would do a poor mans blockoff first. Just get under the tank and block the lines needed with rubber caps and hose clamps.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
With a PC3 you can pull fuel out of the 0% column at certain RPM's and the POP is completely eliminated.
Yep. Though kind of a band-aid fix, that's what dynojet tells you to do. Though if you're going to dyno tune the bike, every good tuner blocks the AIS so they get accurate AFR's.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=82420&highlight=block

Link is for 3rd gen, but very similar on all gens. Keeps clean air from entering the exhaust (burns last little bit of fuel for emissions reasons), which is what ignites to 'backfire' most the time on decel (most the time - assuming you don't have another bigger problem).

In any case, the pipe looks great. I would cut it down though.
Wooow. Thats huge. Good price. I would cut it as well.
Well I took a hacksaw to my brand new exhaust.

Happy Now? J/k.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts