Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
1,401 Posts
nice, now you just need to hack it in half!!! I have never heard anything bad about the Leo Vince exhausts.

· Registered
162 Posts
nice, now you just need to hack it in half!!! I have never heard anything bad about the Leo Vince exhausts.
Does cutting down the muffler cause any performance issues like back pressure or anything? I hear of people doing it and it looks good but I wouldn't want to screw with the performance in a negative manner or cause it to be overly loud.

· Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does cutting down the muffler cause any performance issues like back pressure or anything? I hear of people doing it and it looks good but I wouldn't want to screw with the performance in a negative manner or cause it to be overly loud.
That's the reason i bought this one I have a scorpian that I ccut down, looks good but it pops when decelerating, was dri ving me nuts

· Registered
1,491 Posts
Thats a great deal man and it looks tits too

· Registered
1,359 Posts
http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=82420&highlight=block

Link is for 3rd gen, but very similar on all gens. Keeps clean air from entering the exhaust (burns last little bit of fuel for emissions reasons), which is what ignites to 'backfire' most the time on decel (most the time - assuming you don't have another bigger problem).

In any case, the pipe looks great. I would cut it down though.

· Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I agree aBout cutting it down but it looks like the cf is flared on both ends. And yes it still pops and no the block off plates have not been done. I also have no tune, do I need a pc3?

· Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=82420&highlight=block

Link is for 3rd gen, but very similar on all gens. Keeps clean air from entering the exhaust (burns last little bit of fuel for emissions reasons), which is what ignites to 'backfire' most the time on decel (most the time - assuming you don't have another bigger problem).

In any case, the pipe looks great. I would cut it down though.
Wooow. Thats huge. Good price. I would cut it as well.
Well I took a hacksaw to my brand new exhaust.

Happy Now? J/k.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.