Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how much difference it would make if I went from theMuzzy M-10 pipe on my 07 ZX10R to a Sidewinder from Brock's Performance. Any input is helpfull. I am Drag Racing a 1/4 mile

·
Registered
312 Posts
I don't think it would make much of a noticeable difference unless your bike was highly modded but if you had it tuned again on a dyno you might see the numbers change some and every little bit of HP and torque helps in the 1/4. I have a black full M10 and would love to make the swap for a black sidewinder too. I wish I had gotten it from the get go myself because I am also trying to set it up for drag racing ever so slowly but it take time and much money. As far as drag racing goes, your not going to get a better exhaust set up in my opinion but the Muzzy is nothing to scoff at either. I like mine a lot but like most men...I am never satisfied. The only down side with a sidewinder would be that there might be some fairing cutting involved but I could live with that if it was done professionally. I say go for it if you got the coin. Keep us posted cause I am curious on how it goes. BTW, what speed mods are you running now?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Set up that i have run is a 15/44 gearing, lowered, stretched (68"), BMC filter, M-10 full system, PCIII, Stock engine, & Tires, Foot shifting cause i cant get air shifter to work since the shop replaced my engine. Blew #3 rod out the block with 297 miles on it Thank god Kawasaki stood behind it and forked the bill. But this bike ran a 9.64 @ 145 with jut a stock map for the muzzy pipe. With the old motor & a 16/44 it went 9.50 @151 with a map that was put in when I got PCII. Haven't ran bike but I changed the gearing out to a 15/43. If i can sell my M10 pipe i will get the Brock Sidewinder for sure, and i will go will the low profile pan and remove the lower fairings since this bike will just be a track bike. Got a M109R to ride on the street

·
Registered
312 Posts
Set up that i have run is a 15/44 gearing, lowered, stretched (68"), BMC filter, M-10 full system, PCIII, Stock engine, & Tires, Foot shifting cause i cant get air shifter to work since the shop replaced my engine. Blew #3 rod out the block with 297 miles on it Thank god Kawasaki stood behind it and forked the bill. But this bike ran a 9.64 @ 145 with jut a stock map for the muzzy pipe. With the old motor & a 16/44 it went 9.50 @151 with a map that was put in when I got PCII. Haven't ran bike but I changed the gearing out to a 15/43. If i can sell my M10 pipe i will get the Brock Sidewinder for sure, and i will go will the low profile pan and remove the lower fairings since this bike will just be a track bike. Got a M109R to ride on the street

I hear you man, thats awesome. This is the direction I am going. My next barrage of mods will be the stretching(and all the brake line and chain that goes hand in hand), gears, kick stand, drag seat and speedo healer. I want to do it all at once so I can get it all out of the way. Just out of curiosity, did you buy your extensions in a kit like Myrtle West offers or did you buy it all piece by piece? I did some figuring and buying the kit is much cheaper but I'm not sure if the chain that comes in the kit is the one I want. None the less, I think I can get all the parts I want for around a grand or so but of course there will be more....there always is LOL. Anyway, looks like Kawi really came through for you. I haven't been as lucky with them but in turn my problem wasn't nearly as serious either. Did they find out why you blew the rod? Good info to know for myself in the future. As for me, I want to keep mine streetable enough to where I can pilot it to work or around town and ride to the track on the weekend too. At least that is the plan as of now but in the mean time I will keep plotting. Good luck on the pipe. Later.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got all my stuff thru Orient Express Racing, I also went to the stronger 530 chain and the swingarm is a McIntosh +12 but have it set at 68" there was a bit of modding to the lower brace as the chain would hit it from time to time. I need to get the drag seat

·
Registered
860 Posts
I don't think you will see any increase just from the sidewinder. Combine it with a low pro pan and you got more ground clearance. If you start throwing nitrous or bore and possibly stroke the engine and you will probably see more from the sidewinder over the m10.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks I may try to get one if i can sell my m-10, Do the short stacks make a difference

·
Registered
860 Posts
Not a huge increase, but did pick up 1-2 in across the higher rpms. Not huge but when you consider their cost why not.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info man hopefully I can get a couple things picked up on the off season.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts