Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna get an exhaust on my zx10. i want it to be fairy loud. i want headers and everything, what are some good brands that wont break my bank?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hand down BROCK full shortmeg. I have it , give great power, sound is unmatched, and priced right. Even though he's sold his company to BMW?? The 2011 zx10r is struggling to beat the S1000 but the new one is gonna blow everything completely out the water!!! Visit the brock performance website read about it for yourself and price check. You will not be disappointed, i promise!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i keep seeing people run just a little exhaust size tip that runs out of the y pipe or whatever, and have been told it has baffles in it. i dont know what its called tho. does anyone have anything like that?

·
Registered
56 Posts
i just have a micron carbon fiber high mount
IMG_0362.jpg

its fairly loud and i can feel better performance

but thats coming form a shortened stock pipe which i think hurt power

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I am assuming that yours is a 1st gen by the your user name. If you want a full system Arrow, Arkapovic, Muzzy are great. Most full systems are pretty spendy. If you want loud look for D&D.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Loud is always best, keep that in mind!

Your best bet is arrow headers and buy a cheap can!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've got a d&d that I'm trying to sell its polished nothing wrong with it at all just not the look I was going for. If take 100$ for it and you could buy a header and bolt them together as ling ad there isn't a mid pipe problem with a aftermarket header.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've got a d&d that I'm trying to sell its polished nothing wrong with it at all just not the look I was going for. If take 100$ for it and you could buy a header and bolt them together as ling ad there isn't a mid pipe problem with a aftermarket header.
would any headers work with it? and how loud is it?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I really don't know if any header would fit or not. I assume they would since the header kinda has to go where it goes. It pretty loud my friends can hear me when I pass their house on the highway.

·
Late Apex
803 Posts

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
MAN O MAN.....I just dont understand why anyone wants a LOUD bike..Those cheap exhaust and them lil tips are cheap and take away performance,you might be lucky to be at same performance as stock,if yer lucky...

You get what you pay for...........

When a bike is LOUD it attracts the attention you DONT want....Pisses off the public,the folks next door and most of all the PO PO....

A nice akra or beet or actually most full systems are louder than stock but has a nice performance sound,not like those lil slash cut pipes or a d&d....Most folks buy them cause their cheap and end up wearing ear plugs or sell them a few months later..Here look at this,$150 plus shipping and yer bike will look better be louder and save ya coin...This can is not overly loud but louder..
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/GP-Carbon-Exhaust-Kawasaki-ZX10R-10R-04-05-2004-2005-ZX10-ZX-EX110-/170714162822?pt=AU_Motorcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27bf5b6686

Heres another cheapo deal..I know nothing about them..
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ZX6R-636-ZX10R-ZX14-Universal-Shorty-Exhaust-Can-/300595051342?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item45fcdc7b4e

·
Registered
113 Posts
true

MAN O MAN.....I just dont understand why anyone wants a LOUD bike..Those cheap exhaust and them lil tips are cheap and take away performance,you might be lucky to be at same performance as stock,if yer lucky...

You get what you pay for...........

When a bike is LOUD it attracts the attention you DONT want....Pisses off the public,the folks next door and most of all the PO PO....

A nice akra or beet or actually most full systems are louder than stock but has a nice performance sound,not like those lil slash cut pipes or a d&d....Most folks buy them cause their cheap and end up wearing ear plugs or sell them a few months later..Here look at this,$150 plus shipping and yer bike will look better be louder and save ya coin...This can is not overly loud but louder..
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/GP-Carbon-Exhaust-Kawasaki-ZX10R-10R-04-05-2004-2005-ZX10-ZX-EX110-/170714162822?pt=AU_Motorcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27bf5b6686

Heres another cheapo deal..I know nothing about them..
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ZX6R-636-ZX10R-ZX14-Universal-Shorty-Exhaust-Can-/300595051342?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item45fcdc7b4e
i agree with you back pressure is what makes power all these idiots that run shorty pipes cause they think it sounds cool are retards. best exhuast for the 1st gen hands down are leo vince, akrapovic, or best of all i in my opinion is arata full ti system sounds sexy as hell.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
LOL...Usually you can tell the age by how loud the bike is...Well unless you own a harley then yer an old guy bein a pozer lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts