Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone removed the servo motor for the exhaust valve on 08+ 10's.....without buying the little plug from who ever sells it...???..Looking for a cheap DIY...dunno if a wire can be cut or a resistor put in...??

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it funny how you think I didnt search...I did....I searched for exhaust valve in the performance section AND the how to section...I did not find an ans to my question, so I posted this...:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
i attempted this just by wiring a few resistor and it didnt work after the bike reached 7k rpm. there is a thread on kawiforums about it. some guy posted a "working" schematic. i tried that schematic too, to no avail.

ivan sells them for 110$ I think

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
it funny how you think I didnt search...I did....I searched for exhaust valve in the performance section AND the how to section...I did not find an ans to my question, so I posted this...:eek:ccasion1
I searched around for a thread that me and a couple other members tested a few ideas out for it, and could not find it............so I retract my statement:eek:ccasion1. The reason a simple fix will not work is that the PCM looks for a whole range of resistances in the motors "sweep", so it requires a little more technology than just a simple resistor. I recommend just removing the cables and any excess (tabs and what not) from the servo itself and just stash it out of the way.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I searched around for a thread that me and a couple other members tested a few ideas out for it, and could not find it............so I retract my statement:eek:ccasion1. The reason a simple fix will not work is that the PCM looks for a whole range of resistances in the motors "sweep", so it requires a little more technology than just a simple resistor. I recommend just removing the cables and any excess (tabs and what not) from the servo itself and just stash it out of the way.

:eek:ccasion1 im really looking for a way to take it off without the $100 plug...im trying to take as much weight off the bike as I can...and im not using the exh valve....and yes, before anyone says it...I know it doesnt weigh much...but im taking ounces off from here and there to make this bike light as i can...im tight on money so the next best thing to do to a bike is weight off:cool:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Well, it's only going to through an F1 light....for racing that should not be a problem to remove the servo it's not going to cause performance issues and you have a separate oil light for major problems. Someone did a how-to on this site but not going to try and find it, it's controversial and maybe illegal copying Ivans if that's what it is. :dontknow:

bloo

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
so it doesnt throw the computer in any kind of safe mode if its unplugged and throws a code?
not on the other Gens....it's for opening the exhaust valve mostly for emmisions/noise but no performance gains leaving it on or off....so basically it's not related to any type of ECU mapping...you should be good to go.

bloo

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
not on the other Gens....it's for opening the exhaust valve mostly for emmisions/noise but no performance gains leaving it on or off....so basically it's not related to any type of ECU mapping...you should be good to go.

bloo
thank you much...off it comes!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Is there a single wire from the ecu to the instrument pod, that turns on the FI light. If so add a switch and turn it off. I'd love to have the 08 service manual but the download seems broken.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts