Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does the exhaust valve have to be disconected if i install a slip on i perfer not to disable it.As the power on the 2011 zx10 is sufficient for me. thats not my concern,but hearing me is..also any one have any suggestions on a brand that will work well without any other mod's or ecu flashes. shops will just tell you anything to make the sale.thanks guys!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
The exhaust valve is located in the pre-muffler/cat under your bike so replacing the muffler with a slip-on won't effect it. And as far as a slip-on, go with the one you like the looks of. The stock muffler is straight through and only weighs 5 lbs so it's the pre-muffler/cats that does most of the work. I have the Leo Vince link-pipe which eliminates the pre-muffler/cats and even with the stock muffler on it the bike sounds pretty healthy. I recently bought a Leo Vince slip-on, and with the sound insert in the Leo was quieter then the stock muffler and even with the sound insert out the Leo wasn't much louder then the stock muffler so I'm getting rid of it. Good Luck..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so it sounds like im not making too much sound unless i get the mid pipe with the slip on,and lose the cat and exhaust valve...here in NJ we can get away with almost anything . two years ago bikes are no longer inspected even for saftey..and in nj the cops that ride, ride loud .whether it's a sport bike or an HD

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yep, if you want to make more noise you'll need the link-pipe. You are lucky out there cuz here in Cali they can be strict on modified exhausts depending what city you live in.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats because cali is the closest thing to the modern version of the“Third Reich”:helmet:

·
Registered
58 Posts
The exhaust valve is located in the pre-muffler/cat under your bike so replacing the muffler with a slip-on won't effect it. And as far as a slip-on, go with the one you like the looks of. The stock muffler is straight through and only weighs 5 lbs so it's the pre-muffler/cats that does most of the work. I have the Leo Vince link-pipe which eliminates the pre-muffler/cats and even with the stock muffler on it the bike sounds pretty healthy. I recently bought a Leo Vince slip-on, and with the sound insert in the Leo was quieter then the stock muffler and even with the sound insert out the Leo wasn't much louder then the stock muffler so I'm getting rid of it. Good Luck..
what Leo slip on do you have because i was thinking about getting the Factory R EvoII Slip-on with link pipe and ive watched videos and sounds boss but your saying its not that loud?? Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts