Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a Kawi Race Cam and may get the head ported to go along with it. My bike currently has a Yoshi can, mid-pipe and PCIII. It was on the bike when I bought it last March. After taking my exhaust off last week and comparing it to my buddies Akro on his Gixxer, there was quite a bit of difference in weight.

I am wondering if it is worth spending the money to get a system like an Akra, Ti-Force, Tskugi (sp?), etc? I am starting to drag race the bike but mostly will be 9.50 and bracket racing but would like the get the most out of the bike as possible. Is the cost vs. performance worth it?

Thanks in advance

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
whats so special about brocks? just curious

this should be moved to the "strip" section.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,556 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the replies and keep it coming if possible. I'll have the bike back together hopefully in a couple weeks. After that I hope to buy another motor to send off for the head and cams. I didn't post it in the strip thread because I wasn't asking a drag racing specific question. But if I posted in the wrong forum sorry. I ride alot on the street so I'm not wanting to go with a sidewinder. I put 5500 miles on it last summer before I spun a bearing at the end of October and I was out of town 11 weeks of the summer.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,556 Posts
Thanks for all the replies and keep it coming if possible. I'll have the bike back together hopefully in a couple weeks. After that I hope to buy another motor to send off for the head and cams. I didn't post it in the strip thread because I wasn't asking a drag racing specific question. But if I posted in the wrong forum sorry. I ride alot on the street so I'm not wanting to go with a sidewinder. I put 5500 miles on it last summer before I spun a bearing at the end of October and I was out of town 11 weeks of the summer.

heres a sound clip of my exhaust,

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay so now the question is, Is it worth the money to upgrade or should I keep what I have? Those Brock pipes sound good. Never heard his regular pipes. All my buddies have his sidewinders.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,556 Posts
Okay so now the question is, Is it worth the money to upgrade or should I keep what I have? Those Brock pipes sound good. Never heard his regular pipes. All my buddies have his sidewinders.
I bought A&R Baffles first, just to have a lil sound. And once i sold my car rims i got the Brocks system and map. To me its worth it best 1k I've spent so farthe bike is alive with a full system. These are Brock Dual Megaphones.
the sidewinders are nice but not much clearence on the one side.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts

·
Registered
2,897 Posts

That exhaust sounds good. Probably the best recorded exhaust note I have heard yet.

Especially in drag racing you want to maintain a high power/weight ratio. So if this is a concern than I would say yes every pound matters! Go with a lighter weight exhaust etc. I would personally choose a Muzzy Sidewinder (dont know the weight but Muzzy=Kawi) if drag racing was my sport :thumbsup:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys for the recommendations. I'll be getting an exhaust as soon as I rebuild my motor or buy another one.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
That exhaust sounds good. Probably the best recorded exhaust note I have heard yet.

Especially in drag racing you want to maintain a high power/weight ratio. So if this is a concern than I would say yes every pound matters! Go with a lighter weight exhaust etc. I would personally choose a Muzzy Sidewinder (dont know the weight but Muzzy=Kawi) if drag racing was my sport :thumbsup:

I bet the brocks is lighter and makes more power is is a guy standing buy his exhaust

http://psychobike.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=11;t=15352

1 - 15 of 15 Posts