Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Already starting to look at pipes before they are made for the 10r. I have had yosh, akra, micron full race systems. My micron I liked the most, the akra and yosh were to quiet for my taste. My micron was descent but i want more noise since i live out in the stix anyhow. im talking oval cans not round ones that make horrible noise like the d&d. Whats the loudest you guys have heard from an oval race can, devil, m4, arata? I ride lots of rural stuff and i want the most decibals these babies got to offer, these cagers need to hear me for safety reasons alone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
crazyman1 said:
Already starting to look at pipes before they are made for the 10r. I have had yosh, akra, micron full race systems. My micron I liked the most, the akra and yosh were to quiet for my taste. My micron was descent but i want more noise since i live out in the stix anyhow. im talking oval cans not round ones that make horrible noise like the d&d. Whats the loudest you guys have heard from an oval race can, devil, m4, arata? I ride lots of rural stuff and i want the most decibals these babies got to offer, these cagers need to hear me for safety reasons alone.
Well the loudest but to loud in my opinion was a D&D pipe which is basically a straight through pipe. Your ears ring when you get off the fucker. But the loudest best sounding pipe in my opinion is a two brothers. I love the deep meaty sound they have, where others have more of a higher pitch. But it's your call.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats why im asking, havent heard all the pipes out there. have not heard two brothers except on a v twin, whick was sweet. my micron on my gix 1k sounded pretty nice but need something a little louder even. d&d my buddy had, i laughed my ass of at that ugly terrible sounding piece of crap!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
In summary ... D&D and Micron SUCK ASS as exhaust systems. I cant believe you'd spend $10,000 on a motorcycle and put those "ghetto" pipes on there. :roll:
If you want loud... buy a Muzzy Polished Oval can and disassemble. Wrap the inner core with headerwrap. Reinstall the core and put the cap back on the pipe. It will be so loud... you'll deaf inside of 3wks.

Are you gonna list "flushmounts" and "frame sliders" as mods too :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
TurboBlew said:
In summary ... D&D and Micron SUCK ASS as exhaust systems. I cant believe you'd spend $10,000 on a motorcycle and put those "ghetto" pipes on there. :roll:
If you want loud... buy a Muzzy Polished Oval can and disassemble. Wrap the inner core with headerwrap. Reinstall the core and put the cap back on the pipe. It will be so loud... you'll deaf inside of 3wks.

Are you gonna list "flushmounts" and "frame sliders" as mods too :roll:
I never said I'd use a D&D or Micron. He asked what the loudest pipe was, and a D&D is the loudest pipe. And I personally don't like it. Muzzy isn't that specail, if you were gonna spend that kind of money on a pipe you should get an Arata titanium exhaust system. Muzzy is basically a better looking jardine which both are low end pipes. But we are all brand loyalists here. I'd rather have a two brothers than any pipe. But the muzzy pipes ive heard for the most part look decent, and sound decent. Nothing else really there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,299 Posts
Exhaust pipes

I ain't no expert, but I really liked the Kerker on my '81 GPZ550. :lol:








On my R1, I have had Yoshi and Akrapovic. Yoshi was louder, seemed more dramatic on the big end maybe bacause it had less mid-range. The Akrapovic Evolution system seems, hmmmm.... more refined, smoother, but actually feels like there is more power everywhere. And it doesn't kill my hearing. Seat of pants evaluation only never dynoed it, either way. My 2 cents worth. :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
Re: Exhaust pipes

zeta xray said:
I ain't no expert, but I really liked the Kerker on my '81 GPZ550. :lol:








On my R1, I have had Yoshi and Akrapovic. Yoshi was louder, seemed more dramatic on the big end maybe bacause it had less mid-range. The Akrapovic Evolution system seems, hmmmm.... more refined, smoother, but actually feels like there is more power everywhere. And it doesn't kill my hearing. Seat of pants evaluation only never dynoed it, either way. My 2 cents worth. :roll:

I loved the sound of a kerker my friend had on his TT600.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,299 Posts
exhaust systems

See, you notice that Honda is just learning what Kerker knew 20+ years ago. Megaphones not cans (and definitely not the Midas muffler shop specials seen on some new models). The RC211V now has a mini megaphone on each exhaust pipe in an effort to match the Ducati Desmosedici HP. :wink: :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Exhaust...

I'm running a YOSHi :mrgreen: RS-3 titanium on my '02 ZX-7R. I love the "GROWL" this system has.
I have it jetted on the rich side ...so it's fairly quiet down low.
after 6,000 rpm___>> MUSIC <<__none any sweeter.
Kawi Rocks. :D
 

·
I really need to get out of the house
Joined
·
11,176 Posts
Wher did you dig this up from? :shock:

Anyone else notice CDracing's opinion of Jardine? :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
i noticed. i like both the muz and the jardine. had a muzzy on my zed-6 and loved it. cant personally stand D&D or two bros, but to each his own. however, were not all brand loyalists, last five bikes, five diff brands of pipes. the 10r got the arrow race full system and i couldnt be happier.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
458 Posts
pipes

Well I bought the Jardine for the customer service they gave me.But low budget? Are you friggin HIGH?Have you looked at what Jardine is producing lately?The last 2 full systems I bought were Akros,so I know a little bit about quality.As far as Jardine they have come a long way. They are really producing some good stuff.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top