Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Im new to this forum thing. So here we go. I have a 08 zx10r and I put on a M4 slip on exhaust (Had shop do it). When putting this exhaust on did they remove the CAT. I have read that the CAT is built into the end of the headers. So the only why to get rid of CAT is to cut out or change the headers. Is this true? :cool:

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
1 why the he'll did you have a shop do it? It takes like 30-45 minutes. 2nd no it doesn't get rid of the cat in the header. You'd have to get a aftermarket header or cut open the stocker. Also I don't believe the m4 slip gets rid of the pre box. You'd have to get a link pipe. Also you should get a pc or bazzaz to remap the fuel because you are definitely down on power.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm getting the Full system because it replaces the entire header back system, the slip on is the part on back of tail, adds lot of power, but last little bit is in the removal of cat. Tuning from something like powercommander is really only going be alot and worth expense if your going to be using it for daily use etc. IE you should do couple mods, like free up air intake, and exhaust before you really go hunting for more in ECU box...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i would love to do a full system with the Power Comander. But I live in the North east and NH and MA are passing all these laws. NH is pass a noise law and MA is putting a emmison law in effect soon. So Im going to keep stock headers and just deal with the nice sound of my M4 slip on.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i would love to do a full system with the Power Comander. But I live in the North east and NH and MA are passing all these laws. NH is pass a noise law and MA is putting a emmison law in effect soon. So Im going to keep stock headers and just deal with the nice sound of my M4 slip on.
I have Acrapovic slipon with linkpipe do i have to mount PC3 or can i have it org?

Mike

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You do not need a pc3. You should be able to run any slipon. You will loose no power. You will probably get a little more power with the pc3. I run a M4 slipon exhaust without any problems.

·
Registered
111 Posts
1 why the he'll did you have a shop do it? It takes like 30-45 minutes. 2nd no it doesn't get rid of the cat in the header. You'd have to get a aftermarket header or cut open the stocker. Also I don't believe the m4 slip gets rid of the pre box. You'd have to get a link pipe. Also you should get a pc or bazzaz to remap the fuel because you are definitely down on power.
:+1:

I got an Akropovic link pipe and put it on myself. It's pretty easy.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts

YES the M4 does get rid of the boom box.... I had one on my bike before I got the LOR.... also there is no need to cut open the stock pipes all you need is a long drill bit to reach inside the pipes and drill out the CATs......

·
Registered
104 Posts
Technically if you keep the old stock pipes for emissions testing the feds will never know, and sound is only going to go over the limit of about 6k, you can not be tagged over legal limit which is usually 102db, some states as high as 105db... However exp popo's will look for your cats and can still be caught over a casual stop. If you ride like a maniac just go with a slip on...

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm getting the Full system because it replaces the entire header back system, the slip on is the part on back of tail, adds lot of power, but last little bit is in the removal of cat. Tuning from something like powercommander is really only going be alot and worth expense if your going to be using it for daily use etc. IE you should do couple mods, like free up air intake, and exhaust before you really go hunting for more in ECU box...
huh? :shady:

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
exhaust

You do not need a pc3. You should be able to run any slipon. You will loose no power. You will probably get a little more power with the pc3. I run a M4 slipon exhaust without any problems.

YESSSSS you can loose power with out a mapping device...ANYTIME you change the intake or exhaust you CAN but NOT always loose or gain power..

A pc3 or bazzazz is recommended but not required..Most likely with out it you will be running a lil rich and can ever so slightly drop performance..

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
^^^Thats good, better to ask, then just think...I see that a lot :lol:

Good luck gutting your headers if you do...I say take them off your bike man when gutting!!

·
Registered
234 Posts
To gut the cat this is what I did and there is another BETTER write up on it (that I followed) if you do a search!
I cut the at the 2-1 collector

and cut out the cat (sorry forgot to take a B4 photo)

and now I have to get it welded back together

·
Registered
104 Posts
Spending about 11 hundred on my bike is somewhat a joy, I like the look of my bike, and didn't buy my bike (a whopping 11k in finances bleh) to skimp out on it's modification.:rolleyes:

I prefer the full pipes because usually they take into account the flow and tweak it alittle, Arka's design is one of the best overall, however the M4 system is also really close, and I like the M4 look more than the Arka... :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
this thread is confusing for no reason...I wanted to help out but there is either too much help needed or too many cooks in the kitchen. Good luck to all and let us know how it turns out.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts