Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for an exhaust system for my zx-10 and would like to know your guys' opinion on them. What are your experiences with the different systems( specifically ti-force, akrapovich, yoshimura, muzzy, arata, any others...)? Have you had any problems with it? Which system weighs the least? Adds the most HP? Any feedback is appreciated! PS, has anyone made a turbo kit for the 10r yet?

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Bet bang for the buck has and always will be Hindle...it will also be lighter than the akro and muzzy and arata and sato, and probably $300 cheaper unless you are canadian, then you get screwed.
Slip-ons have been working the best on these bikes and the best slip-on available is the sato for $565 from one of our site sponsors. A hindle will run you probably $350.
I saved 4-5 lbs using the hindle slip on with Ti mid and canister.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BNninja said:
Bet bang for the buck has and always will be Hindle...it will also be lighter than the akro and muzzy and arata and sato, and probably $300 cheaper unless you are canadian, then you get screwed.
Slip-ons have been working the best on these bikes and the best slip-on available is the sato for $565 from one of our site sponsors. A hindle will run you probably $350.
I saved 4-5 lbs using the hindle slip on with Ti mid and canister.
Slip-ons better than a full system??? Could you explain that more please, what do you mean by "Slip-ons have been working the best on these bikes"?

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
Slip ons give more mid-range than the full, but the full gives more top end. I wouldnt say either is better, it all depends on what you want. I would put a slip-on because the mid-range is worth having a few less hp on top but thats my opinion. And I also would go with the Sato

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Prophet

As mentioned above the system you eventually purchase can or will depend on you and your use of the bike! meaning will it be a race bike ONLY? or street? many street riders are using the slip-ons ( connects just behind the OEM exhaust valve) mainly because the bottom/midrange is whats used the most and the bike retains the valve or not depending if you choose to disable it as some have. If your after MAX hp @ peak RPM's then a full system is your daddy.

BD

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would be very impressed if any slip-on made more power anywhere over my full exhaust system. If anyone is near the Dayton, Ohio area and would like to test this theory.... Come and I will supply the Dyno.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,392 Posts
BNninja said:
Actually, in Canada, Hindles are generally far and away the cheapest ... they're made here.

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
oh really eh, get us some price quotes

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
ooooooooohhhhhhhh brian..tough guy hu...he hehhehehehhehe

i you go stock with slip-on and stock with full exhaust the slip on will make more power a low end and mid...the at upper mid the full will start pulling....

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would like to test that theory. If your talking about 1-3 more HP from 2500 - 6000 with a slip-on and the full system makes 6-10 more from 6000 to redline... I know which one I would take. I would also like to do an acceleration test on the dyno as well.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
check out the sato dynos and there are more around, maybe M4 has theirs up? That site has been under construction with the dyno charts. I think the difference was 2~3, but saving 400-600 for a little 4-5 hp gain on the top isn't worth it to me.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Its true the higher end quality slip-ons have the perf edge through the mid over full/mapped systems and its not just a couple of bikes its consistant on this site as well as bikeland.org, kawiforms.com. The diff may only be 2-4hp & 1-1.5ft-lb of torque but it is worth noting especially if the majority of riding is done through the mid and on the street.

BD

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
The 10r's only downfalls is a weak low mid range, when compared to the GSXR1k, so play into that weakness and make it a strength with a slip-on.

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
my bike is not weak, i pity the fool who calls the 10 weak

1 - 20 of 28 Posts