Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess my question is what are the benfits of putting on a full exhaust system or even just bolt on, do it make much differece to the bike i have a 06 zx10r and i thinking about a full exhaust but just want to know what benfits are before i spend 1200 on a full exhaust.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
the difference is from up to 5 for a slip and 12 or more for a full...You will also need to factor in a PCIII and tune for the full.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
also factor in the benefits from a full dyno tune, a smoother crisper bike.....plus a full ti system looks tits

·
Banned
257 Posts
Any not so loud that give those results? I've had yosh and tsukigi on busas and I know the louder yosh made beta powa.
With the higher revving 10 I bet the neighbors'd really whine :)

·
Registered
289 Posts
I guess my question is what are the benfits of putting on a full exhaust system or even just bolt on, do it make much differece to the bike i have a 06 zx10r and i thinking about a full exhaust but just want to know what benfits are before i spend 1200 on a full exhaust.
Aesthetics. Especially since you had to ask that question. :hello:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
On the street you won't notice the power gain,between a full system to slip-ons on the 06.
Now if you track the bike on a reg basis,it's only another advantage you have over a non-full system racer.
Granted,the rider skills can use the mods they put on it,to benefit the bikes most power gains they intend to use it for.
For $1200.00 your better off slip-ons,pc,dyno tune -1,+1 spockets,and what ever you desire and still have change left instead of going for that $1200.00 full system.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
i havent second guessed myself on droppin the extra coin on a full system, if its overall gains you seek and wanna push your bike to the limits and squeeze everything out of it go full. wait a few more weeks and save up the extra bread and buy the full system. go big or go home

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,739 Posts
THe members pretty much summed it all up. But the question here is what you intend the bike to be.. a street bike or a track bike.. just my .02

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well i ended up ordering the yoshimura r22 "bling" full exhaust system last friday and picked it up yesterday from great lakes powersports i got the full exhaust for 1050.00 out the door also picked up a dyno jet pcIII and a quick shift for 300 off craigslist now i just got to find the time to install it.
The reason i asked if it worth getting the full exhaust or just bolt on is that my bike set in my garage 90% of the time and when i do ride it usally for acouple hrs if that.
My main issue with my bike is how quite it is, the stock exhaust system made my06 zx10r sound like a moped, it had to go just wasent sure of bolt on exhasut system or full exhaust but i went with the full exhaust.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Hell these bikes have more horse power than most of us will ever use on the streets,stock.
Put a full Akra system on and gain 5-7 more horse,at the cost of $1200 easily.
Do you really think you need 145hp going thru the turns!
It's real sad to think the ability to ride a bike is based on how much hp you think you have.Hp counts on a straight line,a canyon racer or any qualified rider can make up that difference in the turns.
Ride on Straight line riders!

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I went with the full LeoVince. Even if it didn't make more power it took a lot of weight off the bike. My whole system seemed to weigh less than the stock header with cats. Now minus the boom box and stock can and I would guess I shaved an easy 20 - 25 lbs. I don't think I had any big gain in HP with the azz-dyno but the power band feels so linear. IMO if you plan on keeping the bike, sure treat yourself to a full system. If I could do it all over again I would of got a different can instead of the carbon fiber. Seems like the CF looks dull after a few months.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
how about the benefits of a full Ti or SS system...which would be better/worth it
As stated earlier, depends on what you want. Ti will be much lighter and look better, but will cost more. I personally see no reason to replace stock ti headers with stainless ones. A slip-on will essentially only make more noise and look better than stock. If you have the money, a full ti system is the way to go. The ti is much thinner/lighter than stock ti headers, and also larger=more flow. A full system & pc3 will definately make noticably more power even for street application. A custom map however is a waste unless you are tracking it, and even then you really need to be a pretty good rider to notice the difference between a pretuned pc3 map and a custom one. It really all comes down to what you want and how much you're willing to spend. I never had a problem with the stock power, but if I were going to spend $500 for a slip-on for no real performance gain, I'd go ahead and buy the full ti system for $500-1000 more for real gains whether I could use it or not. At least I'd be getting something for my money besides just looks and noise. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
i was looking at the kr tuned full ti exhaust, hotbodies had a brand new one in the box for 700.00, but i went with the yoshimura r22 bling becasue i think they look alittle nicer but that is just my thoughts.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts