Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 06 and i just started tearing it down for the winter. this being said, i took the exhaust servo out, i turned on the ignition to see if it threw any codes and it didnt (the bike is all apart so i could not start it). is there anything i need to do (ie: an eliminator kit or something) or will it all run fine without it in the spring? thanks

·
Registered
609 Posts
A gen2 missing the exhaust servo will definitely turn on the FI light and signal a code (30or32 I think). You can remove the cables without issue. Strange you are not seeing it, but depending on what's disconnected could prevent.

Doesn't really cause any harm other than the FI light is always on. Some just cover it up. Obvious issue is you will never see any real problems signaled by the FI light, unless you keep checking for codes.

Be careful handling the pulley, you can easily damage it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok. thanks. i have the whole unit out. and not i can not start the bike right now so i did not see any codes. who sells a kit to delete it with no codes?

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
ok. thanks. i have the whole unit out. and not i can not start the bike right now so i did not see any codes. who sells a kit to delete it with no codes?
Ivan and Mary (site sponsors). I think Ivan has a 15% off till mid Nov.

·
Registered
32 Posts
servo

i did mine and fi came on...i unhooked servo wires and that was y ...i hooked servo wires back up and shes good... no fi lights no codes.. just dont unhook wires.. only the cables.. it will let servo work ..its been that way 2 yrs and i drag with it

·
welds like he has palsy
1,761 Posts
My servo went out once and it caused the FI light to come on. The servo motor attaches to the cables, which attach to the butterfly valve down by the headers. I've been told the butterfly valve helps control back pressure. Not sure about that. I bought a used one off of this site.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
guys, what exactly is the servo eliminator called?

Is there any way to rig it so that it doesn't throw the code? (*cough* magic mavis *cough*)

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have one of Ivans servo eliminators just sitting in the garage. I bought it when I first got the 08 and then found that it did not work for the 3rd gen. Should work fine for 04 thru 07 though. I would get rid of it for $60 shipped. Shoot me a pm if you are interested.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts